58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone link me a review for the

"ford racing lowering springs"

i did a search, but could only find "Steeda" or "Eibach"

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think if you search for "Ford Racing Handling Kit" you'll find more reviews. I suppose you could just be looking for the springs, but the handling kit comes with shocks and sway bars and all the hardware you'll need. You really want the full kit and it's pretty reasonably priced anyway.

I've got that kit on my car and I really like it. I forgot to measure before the kit was installed, but the amount of drop was pretty small, I'd say around 3/4". The body rolls less and the whole car feels more composed in aggressive handling situations. I also feel less bump steer than I used to.

The ride is a little bit more harsh on rough roads. It eats the small bumps less, so a long road with a lot of crack repairs gets a little annoying. Big bumps and potholes feel the same as before.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i just put the ford racing springs on my car last week..
i like them. little bit less body roll, dropped the car about 3/4 of an inch but the handling has noticeably increased. its a good buy if you ask me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I put the Ford Racing lowering spring kit on my 2013 ST, I know a different model. It lowered it just a little, it handles much better and isn't crazy low.
I paid $215 from Tasca Ford, check with Steve Powell for prices as they can't be beat.

·
The Professor
2,664 Posts
I had them on my MK3. The lowering was just right for a daily driver. Noticeable, but not excessive. The handling was great. The ST front struts and Titanium handling package rear shocks I used, along with a stock 2010+ Mazdaspeed 3 rear sway bar, were a nice compliment to these springs.

The ride is also pretty good. Not harsh at all.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had them on my MK3. The lowering was just right for a daily driver. Noticeable, but not excessive. The handling was great. The ST front struts and Titanium handling package rear shocks I used, along with a stock 2010+ Mazdaspeed 3 rear sway bar, were a nice compliment to these springs.

The ride is also pretty good. Not harsh at all.
Hey TORQUERULES do you remember which ford racing spring set you used? was it the M-5300-S or M-5300-U?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey TORQUERULES do you remember which ford racing spring set you used? was it the M-5300-S or M-5300-U?
I'm interested too, as I think this is right up my alley. I'd like to lower a little bit and since my car is a daily/family car I don't want to compromise ride quality too much.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I forgot to measure before the kit was installed, but the amount of drop was pretty small, I'd say around 3/4".
dropped the car about 3/4 of an inch
Really guys? Isn't it, like, posted everywhere that it's a .8" drop? I couldn't miss it if I tried and I'm not the one that's even bought it yet! ;-)

Kidding aside, yes, it's a very reasonable .8" drop and for only about $650, the entire kit is an awesome deal... Glad to hear that the ride is still fairly good although for some reason I find my stock ride to be pretty dang firm stock...

EDIT: Link to best deal out there, $600 + shipping: http://www.c-f-m.com/performancepar...2012-2014-Focus-Exc-ST-p4219.htm#.VR8oSO7F8-k

·
Registered
132 Posts
Really guys? Isn't it, like, posted everywhere that it's a .8" drop? I couldn't miss it if I tried and I'm not the one that's even bought it yet! ;-)

Kidding aside, yes, it's a very reasonable .8" drop and for only about $650, the entire kit is an awesome deal... Glad to hear that the ride is still fairly good although for some reason I find my stock ride to be pretty dang firm stock...

EDIT: Link to best deal out there, $600 + shipping: Ford Racing Handling Kit for 2012-2014 Focus (Exc. ST)
3/4 drop .8 drop same thing[rolleyes].
you WILL LOVE the ford racing kit! nough said.. drops mic walks away..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts