Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here using a box stock Ford Racing Focus Head? I'm interested in this product but would like to hear from anyone who is using it, or has used it in the past. Does it change the compression ratio (lower or higher than the stock 9.6:1), how does it affect low/upper rpm power... and anything else one might add about it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Banshee99

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
stock compression, u can get it milled to boost CR tho. ive driven a focus with the head, he was having cam problems but he had a lot of high end power, the FR head has larger valves and its CNC ported and polished. i think its 33mm intake and 30 mm exhaust valves, its got a 3 angle valve job, uses stock springs and retainers, and its aluminum :)

anyway, the most feedback i can give u is that it will make a good bit of power with other mods, and dont get stage 2 cams with it, stage 1 would be a good idea.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
cams depend on what you want to do later on, stage 1s are good for a mild engine w/ possible small boost, if you want to build a decent all motor id use Stg2s, and if you want an aggressive all motor set up id use stg 3s

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
silverfoci said:
Why not the stage 2 cams? Wouldn't that give you the most power and still alow you to keep the car a daily driver?
for the new revised crowers you will still get a loping idle...even with my stage 1's i get it...but once you pass the stage 2's on a few company's....your looking at more work for yourself.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Whats the big difference between a stage one and a stage two? Anyone have any opnions on what brand is better, crower, crane, etc?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are there any decent cams out there that have great idle quality?? If a cam takes away drivability, then I dont want it.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
ok...then your not the person for cams, to modify you have to give up something...thats the way things work...you could buy some crane stage ones if u want...

·
Registered
341 Posts
mcnews did all the development work for that head, last check w/cat 2s and svt header, 16x/15x. not skimmed.

kickin,
ford stage 1s (same as cranes) lope a lil...it doesnt take away drivability (in fact fr/cranes give you more, that down low grunt)....just gives a lumpy idle, lets the keen know you have somethin lol. but yes if you truely dont like that, then they arent for you

(wth, reregister?)

-Ult

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its not the lopey idle that bothers me. Its the stalling and surging (especially with the AC on) that bothers me. Is this not a problem with cams on a focus?

Thanks,
Banshee99

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
never heard of that problem, and who doesnt love the lumpiness.....lumplumplumplumplumplump

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
Banshee99 said:
Its not the lopey idle that bothers me. Its the stalling and surging (especially with the AC on) that bothers me. Is this not a problem with cams on a focus?

Thanks,
Banshee99
if your stalling out from cams...you must be losing some serious vacuum somehow (old inside joke)...its not gonna happen...it happens when on several focus' when you start changing the timing on the cam gears...the further away from each other you go, the rougher it seems to get "from what i have seen"....but, if u planned to get a chip...get one with a raised idle so that problem doesn't occur.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
yeh i heard if you get on that dang oh yahoo and look around you can see some of them there booty cams

1 - 15 of 15 Posts