Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i told you guys id write a review after i get to drive the car a little bit.
so here we go with the review and I'll pics of the car up soon.
Ill start out and say this kit is by far the best set up for people who want light to moderate lowering say .8 of an inch to slightly over an inch. I've been a few foci with coil over set ups and roll bars and i can confidently say that my car has same handling characteristics as those cars with coil over set ups. The car feels composed (more planted to ground) than stock and with the ford racing lowering springs that i had on the car before.
The stock set up kinda felt kinda jiggly( like the back end wanted to slide out at any point through the corners), the same goes for the ford racing lower springs. with the lowering springs the daily drive just got harsher with bumps and corners ( after hitting some bumps id sometimes shutter like i broke something on the car).
Now, going back to the Handling kit. The car is really planted to the ground i mean i took a loop corner changing interstates at 70 mph and held it all the way through the loop. Lets just say I'm toughly impressed with this kit and Ford Racing really did their homework on this one. i really want to auto cross it in the spring and summer and quite excited for my road trip on Sunday night from Minneapolis to Nashville to see how the kit does on long distance trip.
if you guys got any questions ill be happy to answer.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
i'm glad to hear its a good kit. this is what i want to do to my car as well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ford Racing kit is amazing in terms of it all the strut could be better though.

The main reason I state that is that when i got my Raceland Coilovers, I took a good look at the my struts but one of them was slightly bent, I believe it was the wheel hop which caused this. Since the install i have modified my coils and they are fine as for the 20k i put on them.

The sways are perfect on stock I used to max out 90 turns at around 30-40 kph, since the back end would sing out any higher for me or felt unsafe. Since the coils i have done 60kph on a 90 with just light slide, with a quick recover less or around a second.

They have well develop kit there if anything from them the sways are worth it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm glad to hear its a good kit. this is what i want to do to my car as well.
you should its worth it. i wanted this kit since i got the car but never pulled the trigger until two weeks ago. best car investment ive made to date.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Now do you know if you can buy the parts seperatly? I really want this kit except for the front sway bar. i'm not really interested in that.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now do you know if you can buy the parts seperatly? I really want this kit except for the front sway bar. i'm not really interested in that.
I believe you can actually. I'll just have to pull part numbers off the kit.
And research some more.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Why not the front bar?

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Why not the front bar?
i could be wrong, but from what i read when you upgrade the rear sway bar, upgrading the front sway bar as well eliminates the effect of the upgraded rear sway bar.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
i could be wrong, but from what i read when you upgrade the rear sway bar, upgrading the front sway bar as well eliminates the effect of the upgraded rear sway bar.
I haven't checked out the sizes & how they mount to what. I did mine yrs ago from 21mm to a 22mm & the rear from 20mm to a 25mm & now have the Steeda fatman bar.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I haven't checked out the sizes & how they mount to what. I did mine yrs ago from 21mm to a 22mm & the rear from 20mm to a 25mm & now have the Steeda fatman bar.
Did you ever drive it with the stock front sway bar and aftermarket rear sway bar? and then add the Front sway bar to see how it feels? how does it drive now with both bars upgraded?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Did you ever drive it with the stock front sway bar and aftermarket rear sway bar? =No. and then add the Front sway bar to see how it feels?=No. how does it drive now with both bars upgraded?
Its like its on rails + I have a few other mods too, such as a torsen, tubular control A-arms, etc.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
yeah i just checked out your profile. your car is awesome! that is how i would want to build mine too. keep it N/A and build up the suspension and do bolt on engine mods. although i saw you have cams too. not to take over this thread, but how much wheel HP are you putting down with the bolt on's, tune and cams?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Never dynoed it. Will say it has more grunt,,,,

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i did here that too but i guess its a matter of personal opinion. but i did have a Steeda rear bar for a couple days and honestly i thought the front could use some help when i was driving hard. Since i have the front bar now i can tell a better difference between riding with the stock bar and riding with the upgraded bar.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
i did here that too but i guess its a matter of personal opinion. but i did have a Steeda rear bar for a couple days and honestly i thought the front could use some help when i was driving hard. Since i have the front bar now i can tell a better difference between riding with the stock bar and riding with the upgraded bar.
As said above^^^^^^you have to match the front to rear bars.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thanks for the review!

FWIW, I see the Ford Racing springs are the same springs included in this kit. In the installation instructions for this kit is a parts list. It lists one of the parts as "M-5300-S Spring Kit". That's the part number to the Ford Racing spring kit sold seperately. I know that was questioned in other threads.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No problem. i honestly think going ford racing is the best solution if you want to upgrade your suspension, plus you get to keep your warranty too. i still have a set of the ford racing springs and stock se springs hanging around in my apt that i probably should sell before i move out of Minnesota. if you guys want shoot me a pm or just message me here.

·
Registered
40 Posts
No problem. i honestly think going ford racing is the best solution if you want to upgrade your suspension, plus you get to keep your warranty too.
You get to keep your warranty either way. They can only deny the warranty claim if the aftermarket parts caused the defect. So it doesn't really matter what suspension you put on it, the only warranty you lose is the warranty on the suspension.

Ford racing parts come with their own warranty, but that warranty specifically says that Ford Racing parts are aftermarket parts. That warranty also sucks because it starts from the date the manufacturers warranty starts, not when they were installed or purchased.

This is from the FR3 warranty guide:
"Engine, driveline
and suspension concerns not caused by Ford Racing Performance Parts remain eligible for warranty coverage
according to the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. "

They have the exact same effect on warranty as any other part.

All that said, I have the kit and it is fantastic. Just don't buy it for warranty reasons.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Can someone please post a picture?.. maybe a before and after shot?

1 - 20 of 102 Posts