Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Please....someone take a video and post on youtube.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Mine is still evolving. A little different with each drive as the mandrel lube burns off the tubes. Once it settles in, I will post. Should be soon. I commute 120 miles a day.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Easy to say and do, but there is absolutely no engineering done on the system you propose. You won't know how your custom system performs and sounds until the work is already done. I trust Ford Racing to put out a product that has been tested and performs the way it's supposed to.
I don't think you understand, the exhaust muffler was made by Borla and just has a fancy "Ford Racing" logo stamped into it.
The person you were replying to simply suggested that basically, anyone could have done this themselves and saved a bunch of money to get the exact same end result, minus the logo stamp.

I had a dealer mechanic basically scream at me for using a drop in GREEN air filter as an excuse not to fix my transmission. He went on and on about how Ford didn't engineer the airbox to take an open-ended filter.

Had it been the almost-identical Roush Performance CAI he probably wouldn't even have said anything.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
I don't think you understand, the exhaust muffler was made by Borla and just has a fancy "Ford Racing" logo stamped into it.
The person you were replying to simply suggested that basically, anyone could have done this themselves and saved a bunch of money to get the exact same end result, minus the logo stamp.

I had a dealer mechanic basically scream at me for using a drop in GREEN air filter as an excuse not to fix my transmission. He went on and on about how Ford didn't engineer the airbox to take an open-ended filter.

Had it been the almost-identical Roush Performance CAI he probably wouldn't even have said anything.
It all depends on the dealer & the aftermarket parts. Some will work on your tuned & moddit powerstroke & some say no way.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I've spent a few days with it and like the look of it. I don't like the drone at 2800 rpm which happens to be the rpm I spend most my time at. You guys with the autos may not drone at highway rpm.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Drone is getting more manageable. Things must be settling in. I'm getting positive comments from those who have heard it. Must have a nice sound.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Nice looking car! I still like the custom duals w/cutouts in the stock rear valence but it looks like a clean set up that you have. Is it still possible to make the cutout with a dremel and raise the rear section of the exhaust tip? It almost looks like it was bent to accommodate the bumper.

·
Registered
316 Posts
It is designed to fit a stock Focus without modification. I am concerned wit possibly dragging the tips on dips but it hasn't happened yet. It would have been nice if Ford would have designed in some adjustability.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Juat showed up today for my now son's car...looking forward to a Christmsas Day install (and video)!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
969 Posts
Easy install. I cut the muffler off first then the cut up by the bend to avoid having to remove the bolts by the cat. Slides right on. Sounds great.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

21 - 39 of 39 Posts