Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the Ford Racing newsletter

2012 Focus Hatch Cat-Back Muffler System
Ford Racing is first to market with a performance-tuned cat-back exhaust for the new 2012 Focus hatchback. The system is 50-state legal and made from T-304 stainless steel. For that extra "bling", the exhaust features twin polished tips and embossed Ford Racing logo on the muffler case. For more information

Here is a link

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=12976

·
Registered
647 Posts
Well, I'm interested. But no way will I be the first to buy one. Been there, done that!

I'm waiting for YouTube videos and buyer's experiences from the forum first.

Tony

·
Registered
257 Posts
$$$$ I think I'll build my own.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Something of interest. Last week we took a tour of the Borla factory in Johnson City Tenn. Besides making the Borla Cat Back systems Borla also makes the cat back systems for Ford Racing, Chevy and Mopar. Those are all made to the specs that the manufacture wants. I saw some from each make on their shelves. They just emboss the name Ford, Chevy or Mopar on these.

I ask during the tour if Borla has a system for the 2012 Focus and the answer is yes but it's not ready for market yet.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Something of interest. Last week we took a tour of the Borla factory in Johnson City Tenn. Besides making the Borla Cat Back systems Borla also makes the cat back systems for Ford Racing, Chevy and Mopar. Those are all made to the specs that the manufacture wants. I saw some from each make on their shelves. They just emboss the name Ford, Chevy or Mopar on these.

I ask during the tour if Borla has a system for the 2012 Focus and the answer is yes but it's not ready for market yet.

Beat me to it... I was going to say, if it's anything like it was before it will just be a rebadged Borla exhaust.

·
Banned
571 Posts
Again, the price is inexpensive or not depending on the benefits it delivers. Hard to judge value based on a few web pics.

·
Registered
671 Posts
well as someone mentioned this is more than likely a Borla with the Ford brand name exhaust and it is Ford Racing so I highly doubt it is mainly for looks so a decent amount of improvement with this exhaust is expected. I just think $675 is relatively inexpensive based on everything I've been accustomed to with my VW regardless of what performance increases this comes with.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Don't know about the Focus but the production manager that gave us the tour said there system adds about 30hp to our Thunderbirds. As for price I paid over $700. for mine on the T-Bird in a group buy we set up a few years ago. They are now over $1,100. for the same system.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I agree it is expensive comparing to other things ford sells aftermarket guessing they are trying to make their development cost back. Example You can get a 2010 mustang power upgrade kit for $1025 with a tune, mufflers, air filter and oil filter....

·
Registered
519 Posts
I agree it is expensive comparing to other things ford sells aftermarket guessing they are trying to make their development cost back. Example You can get a 2010 mustang power upgrade kit for $1025 with a tune, mufflers, air filter and oil filter....
I see it listed for $1295 and that's nearly twice the price of the Focus's Catback system. The 2010 muffler upgrade is also listed more at a slightly more expensive $725.

I think based on systems for other vehicles, it is relatively inexpensive. Again, that is in comparison, I'm not actually going to spend that much for that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Glad to see this option for now. The lack of information is pretty sad and certainly doesn't justify the price as it is currently listed.

Fortunately I have ties to a manufacturer that will be making a custom header, cat and muffler set up, like I did with my Boxster....

1 - 20 of 104 Posts