Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Knowing very little of what will bolt to what bell housing will the Ford Racing 2.0L EcoBoost 4 Cyl Crate Engine - M-6007-20T 252 HP bolt up with a add on for the CPU harness ? CONTROLS PACK - FOCUS ST 2.0L TDI ECOBOOST MANUAL TRANSMISSION M-6017-20T*
Or this its own beast ?

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
I think he is asking what all would be needed to possibly drop in a 2.0 L Eco Boost into an SVT.

My guess is it will still be easier to just boost the SVT your self then do a motor swap for it.

motor mounts are likely all different. Shaft lengths and diameters out of the different transmission would require different front suspension (or at leak bearings or modifications to the knuckles). It would be a lot of custom work, however could be done if you have the motivation and resources.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
It takes cash.

A lot of CASH.

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
It will take a lot of work then I will blow your doors of with my stock engine turbocharged SVT

Boost the SVT engine , save money , better TQ , more HP a better over all turbocharged engine , the ecoboost stuff is over rated and under powered and why it isnt selling good

Tom

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Better tq from a turboed svt? You think so Tom? My ST made gobs more torque than my svt. Now my svt made a lot more hp. Doing a swap like that is a bit of work...not impossible. It's going to mount more like a dtec from like an 05/06 focus. Would be neat but if I was going thru the pain of that much of a swap I'd go with a v8. I'm doing a coyote motor...new 5.0 swap now into an 86 foxbody mustang.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Like said above, you have a svt, why not use it & take advantage of it? Keep that motor in the frpp's catalog a dream.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All said and done here Has a swap like this been done ? I was wondering if it is a easy or costly venture
kind of looking at a build up with all the good parts
Rods 1300 Crank 1900 piston set 500 that is not including machine work then all the other piddly parts.SVT crate engine from Ford 4500.
Junk yard engine 1200 mileage 100plus

Horse power is not cheep some times its much easier to plop a crate engine in and be done!
Having built a BBC 468 that cost machine engine builder work roller cam etc that sunk 6 plus K into build a crate engine would have been a 2 k more

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Where are you getting these numbers? I built my block for about $3,500 in parts and machine costs and will hold 400 HP all day long.

Pistons and rods together cost around $800. no need to do anything with the crank other than balance.

Turbo can be done for around $2k

It will be cheaper to get 350 WHP out of the SVT block then try to get a Eco Boost.

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
All said and done here Has a swap like this been done ? I was wondering if it is a easy or costly venture
kind of looking at a build up with all the good parts
Rods 1300 Crank 1900 piston set 500 that is not including machine work then all the other piddly parts.SVT crate engine from Ford 4500.
Junk yard engine 1200 mileage 100plus

Horse power is not cheep some times its much easier to plop a crate engine in and be done!
Having built a BBC 468 that cost machine engine builder work roller cam etc that sunk 6 plus K into build a crate engine would have been a 2 k more
Im not sure where your buying you engine or parts but I wish it was from me LOL , I use to sell 572 Cu In roller engines making 600hp to the wheels for 6800.00 through my machine shop

The SVT engine as it is will hold 280hp to the wheels all day log , build the SVT engine ( I sell them built for 3570.00 ) and go to 500HP easy

My SVT makes 326HP and 331TQ to the wheels and runs high 12`s

Keep it simple , add a turbo kit and then see if you need more

Tom

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@1turbofocus I was looking at Cosworth parts that is where those numbers came up the BBC has world heads and had those ported.Is that price with exchange block not sure if the block is salvageable the kid I picked the car up from found a deep mud puddle and Hydro Locked the block.It will be going to a shop soon as funds become avl Taxes this month ugh and I will be picking up my 01 zx3 beater my job gets high and low points feast or famine type work

1 - 11 of 11 Posts