It does seem to be the same-ish. Having recently purchased an 2014 SE with the basic DCT, I only have the options of L and Grade assist on the shifter. (I believe the hill assist is in menu.) I've not played with that. Nor do I expect I will need to.
- Here's how the grade assist on the PowerShift trans works
S (Sport) (If Equipped)
- Here is what the sport mode on the SelectShift works.
Moving the gearshift lever to S (Sport):
• Provides additional grade (engine) braking and extends lower gear
operation to enhance performance for uphill climbs, hilly terrain or
mountainous areas. This will increase engine RPM during engine
• Provides additional lower gear operation through the automatic
transmission shift strategy which reacts to vehicle inputs (vehicle
acceleration, accelerator pedal, brake pedal and vehicle speed).
• Gears are selected more quickly and at higher engine speeds
Looks to be the same-ish
The grade assist button on the gearshift is pretty cool. I've been a standard transmission driver for many years and missed engine braking when entering freeway exit ramps. I have found that using grade assist and a bit of braking with will invoke a smooth downshift to either 4th or 3rd that stays in place when I enter the ramp. Pretty cool! I have not played with drop throttle oversteer yet. I am betting that the stability control will dampen that fun!