Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the subs in the ZX4's (maybe zx3's and 5's) cross compatible throughout the years? models?

I have an 06 zx4 and figured if I could pick up a factory sub/amp combo unit for cheap from an 08-11 so it would tuck nicely in the trunk with the baby crap, I'd pull the trigger.

Anyone have experience with this for years/models compatible?

Thx!
[hatchet] [ffrocks][goofydrunk]

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I have an '05 ZX4 which came with a sub harness built in. I have purchased an SVT sub/amp which should arrive next week. I'm not sure the built in harness plug is compatible with that of the SVT sub, but when it arrives, I will let you know how it all fits together.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool, I can probably swing that. Mine will be from an 09 focus zx4.

I did check the back of mine and found there is no wiring for the sub at all, no cut plug or anything. So I will be digging around to find info/pics on wiring.

Sony dsx-s200x head unit, some RCA's to the back and the just need to figure out the power on and power to amp i think.

·
Registered
296 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
they fit, but require drilling some holes to mount them, and some custom fab rigging.

We tried doing it with a locals car, and he ended up just getting a small box.
My '05 ST has all the required holes to mount an 03 SVT sub/amp unit. It doesn't have the nutserts, or whatever Ford puts in the holes to accept the screws that come with the sub/amp brackets, but the stock brackets fit perfectly.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, I briefly looked at mine and it appears to have the holes where they need to be, I just need to weld a couple nuts or finangle something else.
I lucked out and got all the brackets with my sub/amp, but need a harness for the amp to make connection easier.
I'll probably open it up this weekend if I can't procure one and see if I can manage something that way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts