Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
That whole leasing thing is a nightmare though. Back when I was first able to drive and actually lease something I had leased a fiat, I loved that car more then I think I love the thought of human life lol but when trying to give it back not a dealer around wanted a thing to do with it. Never really figured out why in the grand scheme of things because I eventually got the original place to take it back. I honestly feel like ford as a whole when in the shitter a long time ago.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
That whole leasing thing is a nightmare though. Back when I was first able to drive and actually lease something I had leased a fiat, I loved that car more then I think I love the thought of human life lol but when trying to give it back not a dealer around wanted a thing to do with it. Never really figured out why in the grand scheme of things because I eventually got the original place to take it back. I honestly feel like ford as a whole when in the shitter a long time ago.
What type of Fiat did you have.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
two types of vehicles nobody should touch any vehicle with a dry dual-clutch transmission, and a Nissan with a CVT transmission.
Not just Nissan. JATCO (Japanese Automatic Transmission COmpany) is a subsidiary of Nissan and they supply CVT transmissions to many different auto manufacturers. They have a poor reputation for reliability.

I personally would avoid all CVT transmissions but that is becoming more difficult as the industry continues to adopt them.

My order of preference would be:

1. Manual transmission
2. Planetary automatic
3. Open the driver door and pedal with my left foot.
4. CVT transmission

·
Registered
212 Posts
I personally took a bath on my 14 Bc of the transmission traded it for the manual 16 and haven’t had one problem

Sure would be nice if anyone would approve dang anything for us. At this point even a few hundred dollars would be great. Though I still believe it should be buyback and or replacement vehicle into the next class vehicle without this garbage tranny

Ahhh one can dream

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
844 Posts
I personally took a bath on my 14 Bc of the transmission traded it for the manual 16 and haven’t had one problem

Sure would be nice if anyone would approve dang anything for us. At this point even a few hundred dollars would be great. Though I still believe it should be buyback and or replacement vehicle into the next class vehicle without this garbage tranny

Ahhh one can dream

They should be Lemon buybacks. Reports are that Ford continued to sell BRAND NEW DCTs knowing that the transmission was faulty. Regardless of the current mileage, that should qualify as a Lemon.

Sure, I could go out & do what you did. Trade mine for an ST, but I’d be flushing 10-12k out of pocket down the toilet.

If Ford would compensate me & discount the price of an ST, I’d do it in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
212 Posts
They should be Lemon buybacks. Reports are that Ford continued to sell BRAND NEW DCTs knowing that the transmission was faulty. Regardless of the current mileage, that should qualify as a Lemon.

Sure, I could go out & do what you did. Trade mine for an ST, but I’d be flushing 10-12k out of pocket down the toilet.

If Ford would compensate me & discount the price of an ST, I’d do it in a heartbeat.

Problem is they aren’t making current model years on em anymore

·
Registered
350 Posts
Sure would be nice if anyone would approve dang anything for us. At this point even a few hundred dollars would be great.
Although I'm responding to your comment, I don't mean to direct this at you personally: it's this sort of attitude that's the problem.

If folks didn't just throw up their hands and get all fatalistic about it, Ford would be in actual trouble. If folks didn't just accept a couple hundred bucks from a class action - but actually sued Ford for being so sh!tty and underhanded - Ford would get some actual punishment.

The reason is because your average judge isn't going to let Ford get away with this. A halfway-competent lawyer has a ton of evidence already. But who wants to go through the hassle without a guaranteed win? Folks think a couple of hundred bucks is the best they can expect and they take it, giving lawyers the lion's share and Ford a gentle slap on the wrist.

We obviously don't know about the NHTSA determination, yet, and there hasn't been a round 2 of the class action, but barring some miracle of justice, I'm guessing the whole thing will be scraps to us and peanuts to Ford. And if that's the case, I'm very seriously considering opting out of any class action and getting a real lawyer to go after Ford. If internal documentation from Ford itself and documentation of 3 clutch packs in 58k miles (with more to come, I'm sure) isn't enough to get more than a couple of hundred dollars and the extension of the warranty to what other companies already offer on new cars, I don't know what is.

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
I'm very seriously considering opting out of any class action and getting a real lawyer to go after Ford.
No, you won't. A lawyer will likely not take this type of case on contingency and it will cost you $500 just to initially sit down and talk to the attorney. Then he will bill you in 15 minute increments for every conversation whether it is in person or on the phone. You will spend more on the attorney than you spent on out of pocket repairs for your transmission...and Ford knows that.

Ford is playing the game of attrition. This is similar to what Chrysler did with the Jeep Grand Cherokee. The plastic fuel tank was mounted behind the rear axle and the tanks ruptured in rear end collisions. This had the simultaneous effect of jamming the doors so they would not open and setting the vehicle on fire, burning the occupants to death. More people died in Jeep fires than died in Takata airbag shrapnel explosions. Chrysler successfully stalled the feds for a long time and finally agreed to install a trailer hitch to "protect" the fuel tank. Those Jeeps were never recalled and now so much time has passed that most of those vehicles have been retired and Chrysler got away with it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Ford is playing the game of attrition. This is similar to what Chrysler did with the Jeep Grand Cherokee. The plastic fuel tank was mounted behind the rear axle and the tanks ruptured in rear end collisions. This had the simultaneous effect of jamming the doors so they would not open and setting the vehicle on fire, burning the occupants to death. More people died in Jeep fires than died in Takata airbag shrapnel explosions. Chrysler successfully stalled the feds for a long time and finally agreed to install a trailer hitch to "protect" the fuel tank. Those Jeeps were never recalled and now so much time has passed that most of those vehicles have been retired and Chrysler got away with it.
Sounds just like the pinto issue.

·
Registered
499 Posts
If internal documentation from Ford itself and documentation of 3 clutch packs in 58k miles (with more to come, I'm sure) isn't enough to get more than a couple of hundred dollars and the extension of the warranty to what other companies already offer on new cars, I don't know what is.
I've had 3 clutch packs and 1 TCM within a span of 17,026 miles. The last one was after only 7000 miles from the previous. I need a new one now but am limping it along until I get my MTX75 installed. I think a competent judge would agree that what they were doing doesn't constitute a valid repair for something that should last at least 150K miles before any major repairs. Heck, a tranny should last at least as long as its fluid.

·
Registered
970 Posts
And if that's the case, I'm very seriously considering opting out of any class action and getting a real lawyer to go after Ford.
Nah, you aren't doing that and Ford knows it. Your '14 SE isn't worth a ton, so you aren't going to drop thousands on a lawyer. Ford's army of lawyers would crush your guy anyway. They know they can simply wait out MK3 owners, and the problem goes away.

·
Registered
844 Posts
There was a guy on here somewhere that said he’s trying to have his ‘15 with 60k bought back. I’d be curious to hear the outcome of that case. We all know that Lemon laws are for new cars however Ford knowingly selling brand new defective cars makes that an interesting conversation.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Anyone watch Steve Lehto on YouTube? If not, check out his most recent Ford Dual Clutch video. He talks about a settlement vs. Ford that just happened in Canada.

As for a final settlement in the US? Who knows how many more years this will drag on for......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nah, you aren't doing that and Ford knows it. Your '14 SE isn't worth a ton, so you aren't going to drop thousands on a lawyer. Ford's army of lawyers would crush your guy anyway. They know they can simply wait out MK3 owners, and the problem goes away.
my co worker did this and walked away with 9000.

took almost a year and he has to give the lawyer 3300.

·
Registered
844 Posts
my co worker did this and walked away with 9000.

took almost a year and he has to give the lawyer 3300.

Lmao.... all that time & effort for $6600? He could’ve dumped it at Carmax for the amount.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts