Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble with my 2003 ford focus zts one day it just didn't want to start ran perfect now it won't start the car is getting gas I can smell sometimes car gets flooded out car does have spark changed fuel injector fuel pump and fliter
Just wanna get it fix

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
What motor??????

I'm having trouble with my 2003 ford focus zts one day it just didn't want to start ran perfect now it won't start the car is getting gas I can smell sometimes car gets flooded out car does have spark changed fuel injector fuel pump and fliter
Just wanna get it fix
1st of all= welcome to FF....Ok now it'd be great if you can say what motor is in your foci, 2.0 zetec or a 2.3 d-tech....And then trying to figure out what you punched in...Your car won't start...ok. Its getting gas by the smell or is there a leak some where? Reads like you changed out the fuel pump & filter= great. Are you using the same key as before? How are the plugs? Does have spark as you changed out the pump & filter?

·
Grey Friar
846 Posts
Hard to read when just a continuous string of words, and without punctuation...
How many miles on car?
How's your timing belt looking?

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
^^^ and when 'flooded' it can be started by holding the pedal to the floor to cut off flow of additional fuel, letting up on the pedal after it starts.

THEN you need to determine WHY it doesn't want to start immediately, starting with simple items like whether it EVER had it's spark plugs checked/changed.

·
Registered
16,022 Posts
Garages are missing the next big add-on moneymaker with people like this. They should charge an extra $50 fee to every customer that forced them to spend more time getting the problem described accurately and coherently, as dragging the true issues out of the customer due to lemming flip-flop costs just as much as doing the actual work does. Call it the 'ambiguous customer upcharge'.

I personally see $10 wasted there simply trying to figure out where the periods go and what tense is being used to time relate to be able make some sort of sense.

Shaking head so sadly (like usual).

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Teacher always said there'd be a time when English class would be needed - this is the time.

Can't be understood well, can't get needed help as easily - if at all.

Hate to pile on, but 'it's broke' is the only solid info that can be gathered without some guessing.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.