Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(First off someone put this thread in the correct spot, I'm on my phone and it wouldn't let me)
I really want to cam out my 03 SVT but I dont know what all is required/recommended or what. I've heard the Cat Cam 2291013 are good with stock internals. CFM has all kinds of different cams and I don't know what would be best.

If anyone has cammed out there SVT with these cams (or different ones) please tell me everything I need to know and everything I should do.

Or if there are other cams that anyone would recommend please tell me!

Thanks all!

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
may want to research a bit more. there are major differences between the zetec and svt engines. most all the cams your seeing are for the regular zetec.
the svt engine cams are pretty much perfect as they are. any modifications to the head can cause catastrophic failure since this is an interference engine using domed pistons.
That is why timing is critical on them and if the timing belt breaks its by by engine as the valves and pistons try to become one with each other.

·
Registered
403 Posts
The OEM SVT pistons I have seen are not a dome design. They are a flat top with valve recess cut out on 1 side (I think the exhaust side).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I have been looking on CFM and I am making sure the cams I'm seeing are for the SVT.

Does VCT deleted have anything to do with getting cams?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Why do you wanna cam it? While N/A it's always H/C/I and Cams are the finishing touch, you want them to finish up a build. If you have no other mods, because I see none in your sign. I wouldn't bother.

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
3 inch Exh helps the SVT 5-7 hp from header back , TB helps a little on take off and lower end , Tune is a big + if you dont have one , drop in filter

With out spending 1000+ on each additional mod there isnt much more to do

Tom

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Sissy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Based on cam profile specs, the stock SVT cams should be somewhere in between most typical Stage 1 and Stage 2 aftermarket cams. Go much more aggressive than that and you're going to start having driveability issues, which is acceptable on a 300+ hp build.......but we're not talking that kind of power here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts