Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been a month, there is a weird rattle sound coming from the driver door. In bad roads the side near to the B pillars rattles a lot. I tried looking for the issue by beating with soft fist, the weird thing about the issue is there is no rattle from the door when its open but rattles when closed. Does anyone have any idea what can be the possible issue?

·
Registered
15,742 Posts
Hinges at front of door loose to let the door rattle up and down at the back latchpost.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
It's been a month, there is a weird rattle sound coming from the driver door. In bad roads the side near to the B pillars rattles a lot. I tried looking for the issue by beating with soft fist, the weird thing about the issue is there is no rattle from the door when its open but rattles when closed. Does anyone have any idea what can be the possible issue?
What year/model/engine and where are you?

Paul

·
Registered
15,742 Posts
There is often a rubber snap-on bumper to stop window glass from rattling against the inside door impact beam, if that falls off like most do that can make noise. Every car I've ever worked on has them off but they make no noise but Ford put it there for SOMETHING. I glue them back on with 3M weatherstrip adhesive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is often a rubber snap-on bumper to stop window glass from rattling against the inside door impact beam, if that falls off like most do that can make noise. Every car I've ever worked on has them off but they make no noise but Ford put it there for SOMETHING. I glue them back on with 3M weatherstrip adhesive.
Thank you!

Also I noticed one thing that when it rains then there is no sound from the doors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts