Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for some information. I own a 2016 Focus SE sedan and I wanna find out if the RS steering wheel will fit in my car. If so, what needs to be done? Thank you

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s what I thought. My local garage is trying tell me that it isn’t going to fit. My opinion, everything looks the same with the steering wheels except the heated steering wires and the curve bottom

·
Registered
99 Posts
I did mine myself, it was fairly easy and CJ Pony parts has a very good instructional video to guide you. My wife just got a new focus and im going to get a leather steering wheel for it too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
should fit, be sure to disconnect battery before removing your stock steering wheel and wait like 30 minutes to an hour so your air bag doesnt explode in your face

·
Registered
121 Posts
So I’ve seen that video, did you disconnect the battery first? Was it hard getting the air bag out??
I thought they mentioned in this video that they are all interchangeable. But this video only describes SE to ST. Also in this video are the aspects of the air bag removal.
youtube.com/watch?v=hLogSSD1BQE&t=11s
Good luck with SE to RS steering wheel.

·
Registered
182 Posts
There's a thread somewhere where a mk3 owner successfully put a mk3.5 wheel in his car and got it working. The heated option will not work though. Even a mk3.5 without a heated wheel cannot swap to a heated wheel because the clock spring and computer would have to be changed out and additional wiring added.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts