Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Ford Focus Ti 2.0L with DVT Dual-Clutch with the and was wondering if there any clutches out there that are performance clutches other than the OEM F1FZ-7B546-B? If so is anybody running it and notice any smoother gear switches?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not letting me upload photos but got a E-Mail response back from Clutchmasters saying

"Hello Noah,

We are in the process of getting a OEM core to see if a upgraded clutch kit is possible. Not sure if this is something you need ASAP, however I would expect to have an update in about 2-3 weeks. Assuming the core arrives on time."

I'll keep everyone posted, staying hopeful!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just had a clutch replacement done about 2,500 Miles ago and they changed out the Fluid along with it (I'm still within Ford's Warranty). If Clutchmasters comes out with anything i'll change out the fluid and put some Montul DCTF Oil in there.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
It's a dry clutch system... what fluid are you people talking about?

Also, if the DCT was released in 2011 and Clutchmasters is "in the process" of getting a standard clutch kit in late 2018.... I wouldn't hold my breath that they're going to release a product any time soon. LMAO.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mac.Mogul... Look up on YouTube "2011-2017 Ford Focus & Fiesta DPS6 Powershift Transmission: Fluid Change Procedure" Also Ford just finalized that "F" Series clutch not too long ago and is presently in the 2017 Focus. I'll call them in two weeks and see what the update is.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Mac.Mogul... Look up on YouTube "2011-2017 Ford Focus & Fiesta DPS6 Powershift Transmission: Fluid Change Procedure" Also Ford just finalized that "F" Series clutch not too long ago and is presently in the 2017 Focus. I'll call them in two weeks and see what the update is.
I understand the transmission uses gear oil, but the clutch pack is dry. If the clutch is the problem, what does changing the fluid have to do with anything?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I understand the transmission uses gear oil, but the clutch pack is dry. If the clutch is the problem, what does changing the fluid have to do with anything?
You have to treat the Dual Dry-Clutch just like any normal manual clutch. Changing the fluid out on the DSP6 Trannys can make your gear shifts happen a lot smoother since its a lubricant to the gears. You should be changing this fluid out about 60,000 Miles according to the video, although Ford would love to tell you that there is no service interval and if your going to be replacing the clutch you might as well do it anyways lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts