Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else receive this?

I signed up and filled out a survey online.. hope I get picked. Sounds like an interesting experience speaking with actual engineers and designers.. plus I'll get $150! Not bad.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got one years ago for jeep.. was a fun event. hope you have a great time!
Nice, good to hear! Thank you.

Uhh... no. But considering Schaumburg is 4 miles away from my house - I better.
Hmm... I don't see why you wouldn't. Maybe you'll get it this week. Let us know if you get a letter or not.

So jealous! Have fun out there...and make sure to tell them how pissed off we all are that they don't offer manuals on the higher trims!
Haha. Not sure if I can bring up the manual since I don't even know how to drive stick... [paranoid] I'll definitely raise the MFT concerns though. Any other concerns I should bring up? I personally haven't had any issues with the auto transmission.

·
Registered
71 Posts
you should bring up the fact that in 37 days of ownership my brand new Focus has been in the shop for 9 days and is, as we speak, back at the shop. utterly ridiculous for a new car.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Haha. Not sure if I can bring up the manual since I don't even know how to drive stick... [paranoid]
Oh come on, you could at least mention that you are hearing a lot of complaints about not having the stick on the higher models. Forced me to decide between wanting all the cool features/options vs. having the fun of rowing my own gears. [rant][mad][gunfire][chair][nutkick][?|]

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh come on, you could at least mention that you are hearing a lot of complaints about not having the stick on the higher models. Forced me to decide between wanting all the cool features/options vs. having the fun of rowing my own gears. [rant][mad][gunfire][chair][nutkick][?|]
Sure. I can mention it. I'll have to keep a list of comments/questions!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I haven't gotten one...and I'm a few miles from Schaumburg myself. Oh well, if I get one, I get one....we'll see...

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Definitely bring up the MFT issues, although I haven't had any I'd love a real resolution to the problem. Small glitches with the info screen in the cluster, like when you close a door sometimes it doesn't close on screen until you switch screens back and forth or re-open and close the door.

Beyond that... I haven't had any issues.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Ask them about the suspension setups! The SE sport package was originally stated to include "sport tuned suspension", then they later (after I ordered my car) removed that line from the package description. I want to know if I have the same suspension as the base SE or if It's upgraded in some way.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will let you guys know if I get picked.. I don't see why I wouldn't.. I have MFT and I did mention a few issues I had with my car and offered good feedback in their online survey.

I will most definitely bring up MFT/navigation issues.
I will also ask about manual being available on higher trims and the SE sport package/suspension setup.

It's exciting to think I may be talking with the engineers and designers who built this awesome car!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I dont know whats up with everyone having problems with MFT, my dad has not had one issue with it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have an invite and I'm in Milwaukee. I won't be able to make it to the event but if it's possible for me to give my invite to somebody, I'd be happy to. Lemme know

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A lady just called me to confirm my appointment! Looks like i'll be going (and getting $150!).

·
Registered
24 Posts
You should try to put the "better mileage with higher octane fuel" argument to rest, I'm sure they would know something about that.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts