Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear members,

I own a Ford Focus MK1 2004. Have owned the vehicle for 2yrs+ and only had 1 tyre changed last year.

Driver’s rear is at minimum tread whilst other 3 tyres are at 5 being just under or just over.
Ideally I’m thinking to buy a new set for the vehicle all round but not sure on which brand. I know the drivers rear needs replacing. Also, something that would last upto 10k miles if possible?

I’m thinking either Michelin, Continental or Good Year but not sure yet. I don’t know if it’d be worth buying CrossClimate based upon the UK weather.

What are the recommendations & please could you be detailed?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Also, something that would last upto 10k miles if possible?
Is this a typo or am I just really conservative with less racy rubber getting easily twice that? I got some Toyo that was the best recommended by the local tire shop, and pretty well at Tirerack.com too. I'd previously had some awful cheap Firestone tires, an experiment in "how bad could it be?" that I won't be repeating. I'm slightly biased towards Michelin, as they are a very known entity with long product cycles so the chances of a direct replacement being available in a few years is good. But otherwise, all-season touring or performance tires of a certain price range will be very similar.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts