Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Ford focus 2014 today and the car struggles on takeoff and don’t know why I’ve done everything I know to do to check it the rest of the time the car is fine but I will take off it is very slow and you have to give it right a bit of gas for it to go and my wife said going around a curve today is struggling to go around the curve on a ramp for outlet for 85. The car has over 100 thousand miles does ford fix this for free because I’ve seen all over the net that this is a real and regular problem

·
Registered
968 Posts
Curious - you didn't notice this on the test drive? Post / move this to the MK3 section to get more replies.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I just bought a Ford focus 2014 today and the car struggles on takeoff and don’t know why I’ve done everything I know to do to check it the rest of the time the car is fine but I will take off it is very slow and you have to give it right a bit of gas for it to go and my wife said going around a curve today is struggling to go around the curve on a ramp for outlet for 85. The car has over 100 thousand miles does ford fix this for free because I’ve seen all over the net that this is a real and regular problem
You knew about the transmission issues on the 2012-2016s, yet you decided to buy a 2014 w/ over 100k miles? Best of luck....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No my wife bought it we didn’t know anything about it this is the world we live in someone use to ask for help or advice and people were kind and caring and would do what they could for one another no a days it’s just smart asses and sarcastic remarks if I knew I wouldn’t had gotten it but what’s done is done now is there anyone out there that might can give me some helpful advice on how to resolve this problem

·
Registered
968 Posts
I have a 5spd, so I don't keep up with the extended warranty changes on these. Do some research to see if you're covered. Otherwise, you'll have to bring it to a shop/dealer for a diagnosis. Sorry, the trans on these are garbage.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Advice? Lol there’s a class action vs Ford & these stupid cars. Trust me, I have one & am in the process of seeking a repurchase. A simple google search before buying anything used + reading carfax reports might happen opened a red flag. Good luck trying to get Ford to replace a clutch at 100k miles & a 6/7yo car. Just FYI, but the dealer wanted to charge me $2200 for a new clutch back in 2018 & my ‘13 only has 46k miles. The ‘one time’ extended free repair ended in Feb ‘2020.

·
Registered
16,335 Posts
At the risk of being another smart-ss................there is a price to pay for being uninformed..........look at the president we got by doing that, and thanks to all of you who helped with that. What's done is done indeed, the only possible thing the uninformed can say.

People have only been talking about that POS trans since '12 and the first ones being junk like the last. Hundreds of articles on it.

Good luck with Ford, they can't fix them, only get you down the road another month or so in many cases.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
No my wife bought it we didn’t know anything about it this is the world we live in someone use to ask for help or advice and people were kind and caring and would do what they could for one another no a days it’s just smart asses and sarcastic remarks if I knew I wouldn’t had gotten it but what’s done is done now is there anyone out there that might can give me some helpful advice on how to resolve this problem
People used to speak ENGLISH and write in sentences with punctuation. Now a days its just unintelligible run-on gibberish by smart asses who cannot be bothered to communicate but can blame others for their problems.

Paul

·
Registered
16,335 Posts
Now now Paul............you're getting jaded like me.

Personally to me 'what's done is done' is very fatalistic, as in 'I can't change it and if I die as a result then so be it'.

And they call ME pessimistic.

People used to be 'kind and caring' until those who typically wreck those things created enough progeny to fill every corner with their rotten offspring. I know because I used to be one of the 'kind and caring' ones. Getting burned good by those who act like they need help but then rip you off in every way they can has made me move way away from that now.

See how that works?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Now now Paul............you're getting jaded like me.
I dont think so. I will try to help most people and you and others here know that. I've tryed to help people who are from Europe or Asia or wherever and you can tell english is not their native language but they try. Some are just bad typists and don't proof read or are bad spellers or just plain poor writers (like me) but at least they try. But a lot of folks today can't/won't write clearly because they are LAZY - they don't even try: LOOK at the title to this thread. Those I will not help. And the lazy ones that then complain too about others...

Paul

·
Registered
844 Posts
You’ll be spending more money on transmissions than the cars worth. It’s not under any warranty & Ford isn’t going to pay for it, so nows the time to cut your losses & get rid of it....

·
Registered
226 Posts
If it was under warranty still I might say different. There's ways to make these cars drive better if you do enough research. Unfortunately most of them cost money and on top of that you likely have very bad hardware in your trans when it comes to the clutch assemblies.

Oh and also I'm just saying people. You used to be able to test drive a car and give it a through inspection and that was enough. Not anymore. All these new technologies that don't get nearly enough R&D and the consumer pays the price.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
I for one look forward to many more un-informed buyers making these poor decisions. Please tell all your friends about how bad the MK3 Focus suck. The price on the MK3 manual transmissions have started to tank. I have priced a few 2013 manuals for around 3,900 and that is getting cheaper than the 2011 Mk2 Focus. Really sucks that I have 2.0l and MTX transmission just sitting in the garage..... but for less than 4,000 for a MK3.... my informed decision on a manual mk3 just might make more sense than waiting around for a MK2 to swap motor and trans.

No excuse not a google reviews on any purchase more than $100 and a purchase over $1000 research is mandatory

·
Registered
226 Posts
Look, I actually wanted to try something to make it a more enjoyable vehicle to drive. It's become exactly that. Would I recommend a DCT Focus? Absolutely not. Too much hassle.

I added sport mode in and also bought Tom's tune. I have more control over the transmission than I ever have.

Personally I recommend either ditching the vehicle or going the route I did. It's better than complaining endlessly because we all know Ford has no solutions. They're hoping people either ditch the car after the warranty is gone or the customer starts paying for trans parts so Ford can make back some of their lost revenue.

Now idk what the deal is about these TCMs either. Ford claims they're fixed but there isn't enough data for 2017 and 2018 MY to say one way or the other. The TCM going out is my only concern with the vehicle now but for me it's covered until 150,000 miles so there's not much sense in stressing out over it.

Absolutely do you research. But we all make mistakes. You have to learn from your mistakes. Otherwise you will just repeat them. Not sure why you look forward to people making mistakes.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I’ve said this a million times, but Ford really blew it on the DCT. The 2012 Focus was a great looking car & sales were high, up until the transmission issues started to happen & they choose to not correct them, but rather continue to sell them & hope for a fix, which never happened. At that point, sales plummeted & resale value dropped & people shifted to the Civic & Corolla. Ford has no one to blame but themselves on why they’re no longer producing cars..... And now look? They’re stuck trying to sell 55k SUVs & 90k trucks.... good luck

·
Registered
226 Posts
I’ve said this a million times, but Ford really blew it on the DCT. The 2012 Focus was a great looking car & sales were high, up until the transmission issues started to happen & they choose to not correct them, but rather continue to sell them & hope for a fix, which never happened. At that point, sales plummeted & resale value dropped & people shifted to the Civic & Corolla. Ford has no one to blame but themselves on why they’re no longer producing cars..... And now look? They’re stuck trying to sell 55k SUVs & 90k trucks.... good luck

It blows my mind as to why they think updating a part 6 or 7 times is gonna do anything. To me it's clear that (for instance) the clutch assemblies aren't the problem. If 2 revisions didn't fix the issue then the next 2 or 3 wouldn't either. Almost everyone I've talked to who uses sport mode exclusively says they don't have shudder issues. I'm convinced most of it is coming from the TCM software.

That said I have 10,000 miles on my 11 month old clutches and if they give me problems down the line I'll probably use sport mode almost exclusively. Doesn't get as good mileage that way but I prefer sporty over shuddery shifting.

I think if they had to make adjustments every now and then like the tuners do or play with the software a lot to get it right it would cost them a lot of money. Maybe that's why they won't change anything to at least try it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts