Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to swap a Ford Focus Gauge Cluster w/o Tach with a Ford Focus Gauge Cluster w/ Tach. If so, where can i purchase one at?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
focussalvage.com

·
Registered
800 Posts
u have a tach

hold down the button that resets ur milage while still holding it down crank ur car still holdin it down wait till it says test, ur gages will go nuts after that just push that putton to shuffle through the options u have alot so look carefully u even have a digital spedomiter mph and kph then its the digi tach ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!

peace
knox

·
Registered
160 Posts
i have wondered for a while what all the other options are. is there a list on the net, does anyone know off the top of their head some of them.

·
☼
7,494 Posts
Breakdown of some of the functions:
1 Press - Shows a Gauge Sweep
2 Presses - shows all 8's on the LCD (LCD TEST)
3 Presses - illuminates all the bulbs on the dash
4 Presses - displays hexadecimal value for ROM level
5 Presses - Displays the hexadecimal value for EE level
6 Presses - Shows DTC Troubleshooting Codes (Nothing to worry about though)
7 Presses - DIGITAL SPEEDOMETER - MPH
8 Presses - DIGITAL SPEEDOMETER - KPH
10 Presses - DIGITAL TACHOMETER

·
☼
7,494 Posts
Mechanical delay. If you are holding a steady speed and it still says its wrong, your spedometer is off. Granted, it comes ~2-4mph wrong from the factory.

·
Registered
160 Posts
the speed shows wrong while holding a certian speed. whats funny is that it sometimes is off sometimes insync. yesterday it showed 100 on the gauge but 95 on the digital

·
Registered
160 Posts
i figured out that one of the options is a digital volts meter. i like that since i was thinking of getting one to see what my volt range was. i kept seeing that one would read 141 constantly and figured out that it probably was 14.1 so i turned my system up and sure enough it fell to 11.something and jumped to 16. something.

·
Registered
343 Posts
theciscokid999 said:
i was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to swap a Ford Focus Gauge Cluster w/o Tach with a Ford Focus Gauge Cluster w/ Tach. If so, where can i purchase one at?
To answer your question, yes it is possible but there are somethings you need to know. First the car that you get the cluster from must be a 05+ in your case, older clusters will not work, i've tried. Second the milage of your car is saved in the cluster same goes for the new one so you must find a car with a similar milage or higher and drive with the old cluster till you get close enough to swap.

·
Registered
478 Posts
zx3_earthquake said:
the speed shows wrong while holding a certian speed. whats funny is that it sometimes is off sometimes insync. yesterday it showed 100 on the gauge but 95 on the digital
Dang! I would hope that you'd be looking at the road at 100mph and not comparing notes!

[ohcrap] [ohcrap] [ohcrap] [ohcrap] [ohcrap] [ohcrap]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts