Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone tell me what kind of clutch kit to get for my 03 ZX3 DOHC zetec focus???[dunno] Iv'e got stage 2 performance cams, focus central cam gears, header, cold air intake, msd ignition system, and other stuff all in it now and want a clutch to be able to hold up to a turbo later. Ya'll got any ideas???

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Since you're looking to go turbo I recommend a stage 3 clutch ( I personally run a clutch masters stage 4)

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Personally, I like the spec 3+, it will hold enough tq, well, at least more than u can put out of a DD, and the feel is very nice.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I have talked to a few people around here and they say to get a center force "dual friction" kit. Know much about that?

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,786 Posts
I too am curious about the center force clutch.

·
Premium Member
5,279 Posts
I have an exedy stage 2 clutch and its been great. Absolutely No slip, the way it should be!

·
Registered
35 Posts
i was looking to possibly changing this car to a manual what should i look towards doing and how much, its stock but i really want to look into getting a turbo later on.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i always saw the center force clutch for like $200 unlike any others. is this a "pacesetter" clutch in disgiuse? ya know what i mean? seriously tho i always wondered if it was any good.

·
Registered
963 Posts
200 bux with out throw out bearing and alignment tool maybe. If you have a frpp dealer near you call them and ask them. thats the clutch they'd get you through ford reacing. I personally have a Zoom Stage 1. If i could do it again I woulda went with centerforce just cuz thats what frpp woulda got me but for now its the zoom. Its a good clutch but only stage 1. should went stage 2 or 3 for the turbo build!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i was looking to possibly changing this car to a manual what should i look towards doing and how much, its stock but i really want to look into getting a turbo later on.
not to discourage you but you could prob. buy a manual focus for cheaper than switching to manual

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
i liked my exedy stg 2 pretty good. just swapped in a 6 puck stage 4 earlier this week that basically was given to me cause im going turbo in a few months myself. no slip whatsoever. anything harder than what i have now and the car would be impossible drive without spinning tires on takeoff. very touchy

·
Registered
35 Posts
not to discourage you but you could prob. buy a manual focus for cheaper than switching to manual
lol i have thought of that but where i live and how much im getting this one for, cuz im buying it off my parents, they dont have cheap or manual focus' that are easy to find in this area, so id rather keep this focus and just change the tranny but thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts