Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
I just came up with a great idea for a thread. I don't think anyone has done this, but lets put together a list of awards that the focus has won throughout it's lifetime. I hear people all the time on this forum say that it has won many awards...so why not put a list together. People who come to this site looking for questions cause they want to buy a focus will see the awards and it might help the car sell to them. Maybe this can even be a sticky somewhere. [wiggle]

I'll start with some I found.

European Car of the Year 1999: 55 journalists in 21 countries voted in the 1999 COTY program and 42 of the 55 scored Focus as their first choice. Focus scored 444 points to the second-place winner's 272.

Goldenes Lenkrad (Golden Steering Wheel): Twenty-six jurors of automotive experts and celebrities awarded Focus first place in this German competition with a total of 1,281 points, 67 points more than its closer competitor.

Scottish Car of the Year 1998/99: Focus is the first-ever winner of this award presented by the Association of Scottish Motoring Writers. Focus also won the "family" category.

Car of the Year 1999, Denmark: Ford Focus won this award from the Danish Association of Motoring Journalists with a total of 201 points. The next closest competitor received 121 points from the jury of 24 journalists.

Ricerce Formale: Focus won this Italian award for a new design approach in the automotive business. It is presented by an international jury that decides the winner for "l'automobile più bella del monde" (World's Most Beautiful Automobile).

Car of the Year, Estonia: Awarded first place by Estonian Car Journalists.

Irish Semperit Car of the Year for 1999: Focus won this award from the Irish Independent with 138 points, the highest margin of votes in the history of the award. Twenty-four of the 30 jurors awarded Focus first place.

Family Car of the Year, 1998, Sweden: Focus won this award from Swedish motoring magazine Motorföraren. Eight of the 10 automotive journalists on the jury voted Focus as the winner.
None of these are American awards.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I'm just saying that as far as I know, the Euro Fofo and the American Fofo are two different cars. Mines given me more problems than I would like to remember.
True, sadly we here in america have not seen the focus win any awards since the MKI. One award here in america was that the focus was on car and drivers 10 best list for many years.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Lots of awards listed here http://media.ford.com/newsroom/release_display.cfm?release=7646

Ford took the top award at the Auto Express Used Car Honours 2007 by securing best used car with the Ford Focus.

Annual Auto Express New Car Honours 2006 the Ford Focus ST won the "Best Hot Hatch"

In China when introduced in 2005. The following year, the Ford Focus received more than 30 awards nationally.
In 2007, Ford Focus's class-leading safety, confident European styling, and superior driving dynamic qualities were recognised and awarded by China's motoring fraternity. Ford Focus received more than 20 national motoring media awards, including: 2008 Best Car of Passion for Auto Life, Most Popular Car of the Year, Best Sporty Car of the Year.

Its an endless list of awards, but I think the most impressive is that it was the only car in the world to date to be acclaimed "Car of the Year" in both Europe and North America.

·
Registered
3 Posts
my ford focus airbag light flashes twice at each time up to ten flashes in total then stays on constant can anyone tell me what wrong with it please,

·
Infidel
3,307 Posts
Sounds like a short in the airbag deploying system. When your airbag light is on all the time, it means that the airbag will not deploy in an accident.

Our company had a Ford van that had this happen. there were some wires that had become frayed and shorted out the system.

A better place for this question would be to ask it in the "Technical Chat" area.

And [welcome] to Focus Fanatics.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Sounds like a short in the airbag deploying system. When your airbag light is on all the time, it means that the airbag will not deploy in an accident.

Our company had a Ford van that had this happen. there were some wires that had become frayed and shorted out the system.

A better place for this question would be to ask it in the "Technical Chat" area.

And [welcome] to Focus Fanatics.
Yea, welcome, but what does this have to do with Ford Focus Awards lol.

·
Registered
577 Posts
the 08-10 focus wins the "least anticipated focus" award!! [grinking]

hey, an award is an award, lol

21 - 32 of 32 Posts