Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came up with a great idea for a thread. I don't think anyone has done this, but lets put together a list of awards that the focus has won throughout it's lifetime. I hear people all the time on this forum say that it has won many awards...so why not put a list together. People who come to this site looking for questions cause they want to buy a focus will see the awards and it might help the car sell to them. Maybe this can even be a sticky somewhere. [wiggle]

I'll start with some I found.

European Car of the Year 1999: 55 journalists in 21 countries voted in the 1999 COTY program and 42 of the 55 scored Focus as their first choice. Focus scored 444 points to the second-place winner's 272.

Goldenes Lenkrad (Golden Steering Wheel): Twenty-six jurors of automotive experts and celebrities awarded Focus first place in this German competition with a total of 1,281 points, 67 points more than its closer competitor.

Scottish Car of the Year 1998/99: Focus is the first-ever winner of this award presented by the Association of Scottish Motoring Writers. Focus also won the "family" category.

Car of the Year 1999, Denmark: Ford Focus won this award from the Danish Association of Motoring Journalists with a total of 201 points. The next closest competitor received 121 points from the jury of 24 journalists.

Ricerce Formale: Focus won this Italian award for a new design approach in the automotive business. It is presented by an international jury that decides the winner for "l'automobile più bella del monde" (World's Most Beautiful Automobile).

Car of the Year, Estonia: Awarded first place by Estonian Car Journalists.

Irish Semperit Car of the Year for 1999: Focus won this award from the Irish Independent with 138 points, the highest margin of votes in the history of the award. Twenty-four of the 30 jurors awarded Focus first place.

Family Car of the Year, 1998, Sweden: Focus won this award from Swedish motoring magazine Motorföraren. Eight of the 10 automotive journalists on the jury voted Focus as the winner.

·
What bump stop?
1,947 Posts
Not a bad idea, we'll try it out [thumb]

North American Car of the Year 2000: A jury of 47 independent journalists from Canada and the United States selected Ford Focus as the North American Car of the Year. They selected Focus because it set a new standard for the small car segment.

Car and Driver 10 Best: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004

hehehe, quick search of the site: http://www.focusfanatics.com/news/view.asp?linkid=212

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
As people add awards you should edit your post to reflect them. That way people who just want to see all the awards the Focus has won won't have to read through the entire thread.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As people add awards you should edit your post to reflect them. That way people who just want to see all the awards the Focus has won won't have to read through the entire thread.
thats exactly what I plan on doing. Once people start posting them up I'll organize them into like US awards, europe awards etc.

·
Leave it stock?
2,284 Posts
what happend after 1999 lol

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
wrc maufacturer's cup, 2007 (dont know if i t couts but theres a trophy for it....)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Street Tuner Challenge Winner of 2007 EVO vs Mini s VS 08 Foci. Winner for best design and overall class. Special thanks to Focus Sport for making it happen.

·
What bump stop?
1,947 Posts
^^^Has that been confirmed yet? I thought the final episode wasn't suppose to air until tonight.

·
Registered
313 Posts
It won the best street design. They revealed them to the judges last episode. I don't know if they raced them yet. But for best design and fabrication, the foci stole it all. There replys to the other cars were, "evo was more of a track car, it was sweet but not street practical" and "the mini was just out of this world but was really neat" but the focus "looked and felt like a street tuner. It was perfect"

I'm more or less paraphrasing but that was the general idea. i'm not arguing, i was just trying to add to the foci's success. Correct me if i'm wrong :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Do we have consensus about the street tuner award?

·
Registered
135 Posts
The Focus took 1st overall, as well as braking (60-0), interior design, and horsepower (a combination of total hp and percentage of hp gained, which was 376 and the percentage was 301% over stock). In the time attack portion of the competition, the Focus took second. It also took second in exterior design. IMO, there was now way the other cars could win. The Mini team was too concerned with the looks of the car (which they went way overboard with)leaving no real performance gains at all (with only achieving +24hp), and the Evo team was too concerned about performance and didnt really care about design (they basically made a track car, black with a bunch of stickers on it). And thats my overall analysis of the show. Pretty good for being drunk as hell while watching it, lol.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
^thats how i saw it as, and the fireballed head guy made it to refelct the fires in cali to show the support for the firefighters, so he really didnt bring his a game, he almost lost his house he said but yeah FOCUSSPORT FTW!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts