Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys !!!

I need a little help with my ford focus turbo !! It is working well!!! but the change is not following the new performance and miss much gear and still the injection is correcting automatically injecting more fuel! he is with 0.4 (5.8psi) pressure bar and is using ethanol as fuel! would we have any way to correct the injection and reprogram the change? Previously I talked to Tom !! but the car was not ready! I will post photos and videos of the car soo

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I would try talking to Tom again or Mike at Rebel Devil customs. Maybe try Torrie at unleashed tuning. You're gong to want to talk to someone who tunes cars.

·
FF Affiliate
30,347 Posts
I can Tune it , there is hundreds of other things that need changes not just fueling

Just contact me , No other Focus Tuner has Tuned the NA MK3 with Bost and I have done 11 of them so far in 4 different Countries

Tom

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Talk to Tom, what turbo kit do you have, the PR Tech one?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys!
we made the turbo kit! the car is working fine but we measured in the dynamometer and the car did not get the desired parameters! I think the dynamometer is not calibrating correctly! because there always comes less power and torque in all the cars last there! but it serves as a parameter for next updates and adjustments! the car gave 246cvs and 24kg of torque in the engine! with 0.6 bar pressure. Transmission is sure to limit torque! Tom, I'll get back to you soon.

·
FF Affiliate
30,347 Posts
If you dont have a Tune on that car you need to stop making boost with it , I know of 2 that have blown the engine already with Custom Turbo Kits and no Tune

Tom

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys !!! I am still correcting some adjustments in my car but without time !!Tom, how much torque did you get by doing the ECU and DCT adjustments? Does the DPS6 transmission handle how much you know? I want to do the programming with you! Do you think the car will improve a lot? Currently the car is .6 pressure with 246cvs and 24kg of torque in the engine! I also use a sprint booster to take the accelerator delay. What results have you got with the in-stock engine? I'm using a turbine from Land Rover Evoque.

·
FF Affiliate
30,347 Posts
If you dont have a Tune then yes my tune will greatly improve engine safety and performance

I wouldnt keep making boost on the stock tune , both the engine and the DCT will blow , trans doesnt have enough psi on the clutches and there slipping like craze engaging in stock tune

accelerator delay ?

Tom

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you dont have a Tune then yes my tune will greatly improve engine safety and performance

I wouldnt keep making boost on the stock tune , both the engine and the DCT will blow , trans doesnt have enough psi on the clutches and there slipping like craze engaging in stock tune

accelerator delay ?

Tom
He probably means turbo lag?
Edit: Oh dear lord no, its something that scales your TPS signal depending on settings. A horrific idea for so many reasons. :) http://www.sprintbooster.ca/

Out of curiosity Tom, how much power have you been running with a DCT with "reliability"? (I guess same question as OP)

Sadly it seems Ford has dropped the DSP6 in 2017. (they should have gone with a wet Dual clutch setup form day 1 like sensible people)

·
Registered
33 Posts
one Focus for 2 years now in the 240hp range , 5 others now with DCT and Turbo running from 6 months to 1.5 year

Tom
Great - glad to hear it! (I mean, I was kind of expecting that if the transmission is tuned properly. I guess at higher power levels you'd have to start thinking of actual shafts/axles complaining, but who knows at what power level that is)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
exactly this sprintbooster reduces the throttle delay! Does SCT itself have an option to reduce this delay? the manufacturer puts this feature to have more comfort and economy!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tom, does tuner need to be on the dynamometer? What do I need to pass on to you for information? Another question an intake of stainless steel really makes a difference?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tom, in the tuning of the DCT intao you were able to increase the psi of the transmission so he did not let the clutch slide? and with that I'm able to dump more torque for the wheels?

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Just so you know, you can edit your post by hitting the "Edit" button.

·
FF Affiliate
30,347 Posts
There is no way to increase the PSI like old Automatic Trans , the DCT is a automated manual trans

I do have ways to make it like increasing psi but it works in a different way , I can also speed up the shift times so it changes gear quicker

Tom

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There is no way to increase the PSI like old Automatic Trans , the DCT is a automated manual trans

I do have ways to make it like increasing psi but it works in a different way , I can also speed up the shift times so it changes gear quicker

Tom

Very good !! let's do this upgrade, have in S mode in the paddle shift take the automatic exchange when you reach the limit? Need this on the dinamometer to reprogram?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts