Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car started making whistling noises recently. I first noticed when I was inside the car on idle for around 15minutes while I was cleaning the dashboard. Then I started hearing a strange noise which changed to a low whistling sound then get louder and louder - it sounds like a tea pot kettle when it’s ready.

I followed the noise and found that it was coming from under the car a bit a the back maybe between the back tires. My initial thoughts are it could be a leaking hose? Because it sounds like air excaping from a tiny hole from a tire but it’s not coming from the tires and the sound only starts when the engine is on.

I tried opening all the doors maybe it’s a door seal leak but nope. I tried turning the ac on and off but still no change. It also happen when I switch the car on (turning the key ready for starting).

Anyone encountered this issue before? Its a ford focus 2014 Mk3

Here’s a video of the noise:

https://youtu.be/6K64l9N2FRU

·
Registered
180 Posts
The only things back there that I can think of to make a noose of any kind would be the fuel pump and the EVAP canister

The pump will run without the engine on and the EVAP would require the engine to be running to make any nose

1 - 4 of 4 Posts