Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being an absolutely newbie to forums, my last attempt at posting was an epic FAIL...so, no spamming this time around...just one thread!

(Huge apology to everyone. And a big thankyou to the focus fanatics website for giving me one more chance)

Anyway, YES, I do need votes to win the 2012 Ford Focus Titanium TDCi, but I thought at the same time, you may be interested in some of the blogs and video reviews I've done in the past few weeks that I've been test driving my Ford Focus.

A bit of background info: I'm one of 12 Aussies test driving the top of the range Ford Focus, but only the person with the most public votes by 5pm on the 12th of August (Australian time), gets to KEEP their car.

I'm currently ranking 4th, with less than 3 weeks to go, so the pressure is on!

Also, I'm Mother of 2 kids, living in Brisbane (Queensland)

Tonight I'll be editing a video about the 'self-parking' feature (which will hopefully go live in the next 24-48 hours).

I used my mother in law as my test guinea pig, because she's extremely skittish behind the wheel. :)

To see my blogs/reviews, and also to vote, visit: http://bit.ly/votebianca
(you can vote once per day PER device/computer)

Also, if you want to see a 'non-serious' video of myself trying to get some public support, check out my youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyFwiMZa890

And if you just want more info, or want to contact me, I do have a facebook page (to do with the Ford Focus comp): https://www.facebook.com/pages/Please-support-Bianca-by-voting/115229005235006

Thanks so much for your help. Let's hope attempt number 2 in posting a thread is a little more successful than my first attempt.

xx

·
Registered
425 Posts
What sort of fuel mileage is the diesel getting? I seriously wish we got that engine here because I would have bought it no questions asked. I really wanted to buy a diesel car but I'm not the biggest fan of VW unfortunately.

PS, Australia rocks, was there on holidays for most of April. Drove 5000 km up and down the east coast in a Holden Commodore SV6 :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had to do a conversion from kms to miles.

I got about 435 miles (700kms) to this tank, but probably would've got more if I hadn't flogged it so much....I didn't flog it as in doing burn outs or anything, but I've been using it in sports mode a fair bit, because I love the higher ratio gear changes.

I'm not 100% certain, but I think it may be a 16 gallon/60L tank.

Very jealous that you got to explore the east coast. I'd love to do that!

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'm Canadian, we use km and litres too :p
Is it the 2.0 duratorq? I'd have figured you would should easily get less than 5L/100km, though diesels do their best efficiency on long highway trips. If you're doing a bunch of city driving it probably wouldn't be much different than a gasser engine. Not sure what the diesel's tank would be, but over here the gas tanks are all 47L.

As for my trip, started in Sydney/Blue Mtns, to Melbourne via Princes (awesome drive), to Canberra via Hume, northwards to Brisbane via Pacific, to Gold Coast, back to Sydney via New England highway. Wish I had more time to explore though, lots more countryside to see.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh whoops....didn't realise that Canada went on the metric system too. Sorry :p

It is the 2.0L Duratorq. Goes REALLY well for a diesel.

Purrs like a rex when I put my foot down. (hence, I'm not getting as good mileage as I could be getting)

If you ever come back to Aus, you should try a road trip from Coober Pedy (in south australia), to Darwin (in Northern Territory), and then to Broom (Western Australia).

I've always wanted to do a road trip from Darwin to Broome. (both have beautiful beaches), with a desert thrown in too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dieselboy77: I much prefer a manual too. But at least this model has the 6 speed powershift so I still have the option of a manual gear change.

Gordon Ramsey doesn't do masterchef over here. We've got 3 or 4 Aussie judges (who are renowned restaurant owners)...I'd say the Gordon Ramsey Masterchef is probably more entertaining though :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
in all honesty, i wouldnt trust ferd with a diesel vw has perfected this process american ferds are cars with no performance thats why we cant get the RS

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lucrative75: Apart from slight lag when I initially put my foot down (in 1st gear), everyone I've talked to is really surprised that I'm driving a (turbo) diesel, not only because it doesn't sound like a diesel but it's got way more torque than your average diesel.
I'm not expert clearly :), but I've been really happy with the power so far.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
voted!

·
Registered
280 Posts
lucrative75: Apart from slight lag when I initially put my foot down (in 1st gear), everyone I've talked to is really surprised that I'm driving a (turbo) diesel, not only because it doesn't sound like a diesel but it's got way more torque than your average diesel.
I'm not expert clearly :), but I've been really happy with the power so far.
Well you talking to an American who think diesel cars sucks besides VW, but they don't realise in Europe diesel cars outsell petrol engines, i have many family members in Europe who drives diesel cars and many of them are better then VW's diesel engine, your car is a European car so it is quality diesel , actually Ford's diesel engine is better then the VW's

·
Registered
280 Posts
Dieselboy77: I much prefer a manual too. But at least this model has the 6 speed powershift so I still have the option of a manual gear change.

Gordon Ramsey doesn't do masterchef over here. We've got 3 or 4 Aussie judges (who are renowned restaurant owners)...I'd say the Gordon Ramsey Masterchef is probably more entertaining though :)
Oh you should search master chef on youtube and check out Joe Bastianich , he is meaner then Ramsey

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Guys.
Thanks so much for you votes so far.
I'm currently coming 2nd, with 10 days to go!!!
Fingers crossed I can make it to 1st in that time.
Thanks again :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh you should search master chef on youtube and check out Joe Bastianich , he is meaner then Ramsey
This is the first time I've tried the 'quote' option. Very exciting :)

Just looked at Joe Bastianich on youtube. He doesn't seem like a very nice person. I thought Gordon was bad!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts