Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Im sorry but I do not believe he gained 26hp to the wheels from going from 93 to drum e85 , just doesnt happen , 3-4 maybe

Tom
WTF, we are talking about two completely different people

·
FF Affiliate
30,348 Posts
The guy that got 220whp was on race E85 to be clear, not regular E85 and hes local to me and I believe him, got Sct4 tuning on a dyno by a local tuner here
I was responding to this

Tom

·
Registered
49 Posts
Are you trying to say with mods listed on 93 gets you 190 ( I buy that +/- ) and going to e85 gets you 220 ?

I also Tune for e85 , I just warn y0u up front what I have found/seen and your wasting your time and money on pump e85

Tom
Why is that?
Is it because pump E85 can be less than 85%?

And what’s the benefit of race E85? I’m guessing you’re going to say it’s actually 85% ehthnol

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
I was responding to this

Tom
Well I saw the dyno and it was posted on FB, mike from RDC saw it... from my recollection the torque did not go up nearly as much though

·
Registered
49 Posts
Can be as low as 51%.

https://www.afdc.energy.gov/fuels/ethanol_e85.html

Sent from my LG-LS997 using FF Mobile
Thanks
I recall seeing that way back when. Hadn’t thought about it in years.

As for the initial claim. My ‘08 F150 is rated 300 HP on gas and upto 330 on E85. So basically a 10% increase.

If that percentage is typical on most engines and not just large (well mid size) V8s then the claim here would be a bit high. So 20something HP might be doable at 85% Rthanol and everything else going right. Otherwise a gain in the teens is probably more likely given the math.

Personally I’d love to see synonyms numbers by someone who doesn’t have an agenda and is curious like the rest of us.

·
FF Affiliate
30,348 Posts
Why is that?
Is it because pump E85 can be less than 85%?

And what’s the benefit of race E85? I’m guessing you’re going to say it’s actually 85% ehthnol
Drum e85 is actually what it is suppose to be , it isnt mixed with water , lower octane fuels that they cant put in the pump , quality mixture and it shows to be far superior then pump e85 when tested

pump e85 sucks and shouldnt be used for performance and people are figuring this out

Tom

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
^^^ Depends on the area though, here in Canada we have some good quality pump E85, although it's hard to find..also heard of good stuff in WA, and other states...you can't just say "E85 is crap at gasstations" maybe where you live, but not everywhere

·
FF Affiliate
30,348 Posts
^^^ Depends on the area though, here in Canada we have some good quality pump E85, although it's hard to find..also heard of good stuff in WA, and other states...you can't just say "E85 is crap at gasstations" maybe where you live, but not everywhere
No I cant speak for Canada , I can speak for the US , there is a private tuner forum and many tuners are on there and are seeing exactly what I am seeing in NC/SC , I got slammed when I first posted about this in there 10 years ago now over 70% of the tuners in there now have seen this first hand and are keeping e85 drums in there shops now , there is just over 200 Tuners in there that post there experiences with e85 pump and the consensus is pump e85 is junk

Tom

21 - 30 of 30 Posts