Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I need help please. So our Ford Focus 2005 ZX4 ST 2.3L keeps cutting off and we went to the mechanics but unfortunately the mechanics said this part right here is the one we needed. He said it’s called “ ignition transistor” but I keep looking for one online but I couldn’t find it at all. I hope someone can help me out. Or anyone has this part.
Automotive tire Wood Finger Bumper Camera accessory

Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

·
Registered
200 Posts
The part you listed is an electrical noise suppressor. It not technically related to the ignition system at all, only that it's supposed to reduce noise induced into the electrical system from making noises through the radio. It's certainly not required. Mine broke while I was swapping motors and I never replaced it. It's never been an issue and nothing has even changed about the radio or sound quality.

Sounds to me like you should find a different mechanic.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Also, correct me if I'm wrong... but the first picture of the connector, is that related to the second picture? That almost looks like a coil plug which is definitely ignition related.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The part you listed is an electrical noise suppressor. It not technically related to the ignition system at all, only that it's supposed to reduce noise induced into the electrical system from making noises through the radio. It's certainly not required. Mine broke while I was swapping motors and I never replaced it. It's never been an issue and nothing has even changed about the radio or sound quality.

Sounds to me like you should find a different mechanic.
Thank you so much for the reply I really appreciate it so much. This means a lot to us. I have been stressed out looking for this part

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Cable Wire Automotive lighting Auto part Fashion accessory

9S4Z-18801-A

$22 at any Ford dealer and maybe a quarter of that at any junk yard from any 05-07 Focus

As mentioned it is not needed for your vehicle to run.

Paul

Reactions: hEaT
1 - 8 of 8 Posts