Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have an Ford Focus 2005 ZX4,,that i bought wrecked so it doesnt;a have warranty
the car has only 2700 miles
The powersteering pump makes a lot of noise,,,the steering is not hard
when i turn the steering full it will sound harder
the pw oil will become like pink and gets like foam ,,is this normal;?when the car is on,,i see that the pw reservoir is empty..when i turn off the car the oil will come back in the reservoir

Thanks

Daniel

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
if you ran the car low on fluid and it has air in it you'll have to bleed it. to do this let the car set for a while after driving so every thing settles and cools, take the cap off the resivoir fill it up to the full line, jack the front of the car up, turn the key to the on possition (not all the way to start-if you start it you have to let it set for a while agian to settle) just enough to unlock it, and turn the steering wheel from lock to lock about 50 times. and while your doing this make sure you keep resivour full because it will get lower as the air is bleed. 50 times should do it but if its still bubbling keep going till it stops.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 06 pos. My girldfriend has been running it empty. I thought i would need to replace the whole pump. This sounds promising. I thank the forumers before me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts