Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

My focus just started acting weird today at first I tough it was the Transmission, but after reading for 2 hours on the internet I am not sure what is the real problem that's why I want to ask here if I am not in the right forum please point me the right one and I will close this post.

The car starts fine Gears goes #1 in D 1 2 or R no bang it goes in gear fine. The Fluid does not smell burn it's still pinkish looking there is no leaks when I look at my normal parking spot.

The problems is that at 20Km/h the car does not want to shift it will rev high if I press more on the gas pedal but If I just let it "idle" to 20 it will shift eventually then sometimes will do the same at 50 2nd gear I guess.

After reading a lot of potentials problems I am quite confused some place talk about thing like PCM calibration or update or just bad wiring or full "tune up" could fix what I am facing or the worst possible case tranny failure...

So I am just seeking more advice from where to move from here what are my option to DIY or test to pinpoint the real problem.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Fluid level? Did you follow the directions to check that while you were looking at the condition of the fluid? IIRC, you idle the engine, and then check either cold or hot range depending on what the temp of the engine is.

How many miles are on the car?

It might be time for a filter change if the car has over 160k km. I don't recommend flushes myself- it's a waste of money, and can sometimes cause more problems. Changing the filter changes more than half the fluid, and that's sufficient if the fluid is not bad to begin with.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car is 124861K the Trans fluid seems a bit high it's still pinkish and no real burnt smell , I never serviced the transmission fluid myself because I think it's a bit to risky also I bought the car from my mother and she always dealt with the dealership for repairs...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts