Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I try to open my door form the outside, it doesn't catch.
I was going to replace the door handle to resolve this, but as I pulled off the foam lining on the inside I found a little piece of metal, which I think snapped off from the internal assembly.

When I pulled off the internal housing, there are 2 7mm bolts that are under a cover on the internal door handle, and I lost these.
Does anyone know a part number or the size of these bolts, so I can replace then when I out everything back together?

-Mike

·
Registered
17,504 Posts
7 mm. is kind of uncommon in the metric world so Ford may be the only source, don't be surprised at all if they want you to buy a bigger part to get them, where they've gone in recent years. They shy away from selling lots of the bolts and screws by themselves now.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
The size of the bolt HEAD probably doesn't matter in this case (clearance for that is the only time it would).

Matching the diameter, thread & length of the bolt itself is where to start and samples from the hdwe. store can help find the right size if you have nothing handy for comparison (assuming you can't just take the part with you to try fitments).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts