Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was hoping that someone could tell me how Ford's family pricing works. As I understand it, the price reduction comes from Ford and not the dealer right?

For example, I'm looking at a Focus, and the original price for a 2006 ZX5 was around $24k. The family pricing brings it down to about $22k, and then Ford gives you $3000 on top of that.

Is all of the discount from Ford? In other words, is it possible to get a still better price by bargaining with the dealer? Or is the price essentially fixed and you have to tak eit or leave it?

I'm a first time car buyer, so I'm fairly naive about dealerships and the entire car buying process.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Welcome to FocusFanatics.com!! [thumb]

It depends, I know the local dealership here does the FORD FAMILY PRICING then after that discount, does a DEALERSHIP NAME FAMILY PRICING which lowers it even more. I imagine that you can try to talk them down a bit more but they will probably use the leverage of the already totalled discounts and say your already getting a deal, etc.

FORD FAMILY PRICING as far as I know is a NATIONAL CANADA WIDE pricing plan based on a lower MSRP. Some dealerships are capitalizing on it and giving their own discounts on top of it to add to the deals, such as the dealership in my city.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hi,

I bought mine last year during this program and got the car for $17 100 (Focus ZX3 SE) before taxes. Now it was a demo and I got the car for well below thier asking price due to the number of Kilometers on the car when it showed up...they brought it in from another dealer to get the colour I wanted. So this all helped me get the car for a lower price. But even though it was a demo model, I still got all of the incentives, plus was able to dicker on the price a bit. They didn't want to, but because they brought the car in and it had more kilometers on it than they expected, they were forced to drop the price to make the sale.

P.S.

Don't be afraid to walk away from the deal if they don't want to play ball with you. If they really want to make the sale, they will call you back and make you an offer.

·
FoFo Quebec!
1,486 Posts
Welcome to the community radius.

Another thing that would help you is that you can ask the dealer to add some accessories to the car instead of dropping the price. My friend had the windows tinted and deflectors installed all around the car (roof, windows & hood) for the same price.

Happy life with your FoFo, you'll love it. ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
well this deal dose also include all 2006 and most 2007 models, someone on Focuscanada.net mentioned this a little while ago if you want to do a little more looking into it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
my '06 Zx5 SES was over 26,000 with all the options, ford family pricing took a huge 5000 of that price

already having 5000 of the sticker price the dealer didnt really want to go any lower but i did manage to get like another 600 off that, so you can hassle them [;)]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts