Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
If you are thinking of an extended warranty, go to Flood Ford's website and get a quote and take it to the dealer when you shop for your car. We got an 8 year 100 K plan with $100 deductible on the Wife's 2018 Focus sedan for $1100, which was less than the quote from Flood...

https://www.floodfordesp.com/

I got mine through Troy ford but the online sales worked perfect. Troy ford just had a deal beating floods

Although now thinking about moving over to a F-150 love the focus but sick of renting pickups 52 rental days this year alone (sigh having a house that you need to put remodel mode on)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Extended warranties? Lol what a bunch of bs. It’s just another way for dealers to suck more money out of their buyers. Oh & to get you into debt by signing on that contract for 48-60 months worth of monthly payments.

Look, we all know that a 3/36 is standard & 5/60 powertrain. Buy a newer (pre-owned) vehicle that falls under those warranties & you’ll rarely have any issues. On the flip side, buy a 10yo car with 200k miles & expect the worst.

For me and my own sanity that insurance is worth it as I seem to have “the luck”

I look at it as I do car insurance better to have than not have. “The luck” always happens to me at the worst possible time with repairs.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I got mine through Troy ford but the online sales worked perfect. Troy ford just had a deal beating floods

Although now thinking about moving over to a F-150 love the focus but sick of renting pickups 52 rental days this year alone (sigh having a house that you need to put remodel mode on)

I just have that type of stuff delivered.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
830 Posts
For me and my own sanity that insurance is worth it as I seem to have “the luck”

I look at it as I do car insurance better to have than not have. “The luck” always happens to me at the worst possible time with repairs.

There are some financial advisors with finance degrees, on YouTube, that tell everyone how these dealerships work & how they make their money. It’s all about selling the buyer these ‘extended ‘ warranties nonsense & getting you to finance & make a monthly payment, selling add-ons etc. These cars only have 3/36 bumper to bumper, after that a 5/60 covers ‘limited’ powertrain components & they’ll always try to find a loophole to get you to pay out-of-pocket.

In the future, if warranty is important to you, buy a 1-2yo vehicle, accident free, 1-owner, & under 15k miles & you’ll typically never have a problem + you’ll save yourself thousands on the price of a new vehicle.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts