Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

So like a lot of you, the two week factory shutdown really affected getting my new car when I was supposed too... However, now that the shutdown is complete, I found some weird things between my window sticker and what ETIS says about my car.

1) I 100% ordered the Tuscany Red interior package on my SE, and it shows up fine on the window sticker, however ETIS says I have a charcoal black interior
2) My build date was scheduled to be 6/29 (and as far as ford customer care and my dealer can tell it was built then just not shipped because of the shutdown), however ETIS shows a build date of 7/18.

I'm sure there are other discrepancies, but these were the major ones I could find right off the bat... any thoughts??!!

·
Registered
524 Posts
The window sticker rules, don't worry about the ETIS site.

·
Registered
781 Posts
people say ETIS is often incorrect, but i have yet to see any verified proof of it being wrong. maybe you'll be the first.

one thing i was told is the window sticker will have the beginning of the build date, start of production on your car. ETIS shows the end date, when it leaves the line and is checked out. from what i've seen that is the case (ETIS date is always later than window sticker).

·
Registered
187 Posts
I think maybe all Foci with the Tuscany Red show the interior color as black, the Tuscany Red is a modification of the black and it is listed separately under additional equipment. It has a code of 97S. At least that is the way my order form is set up.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Same thing happened to me. At first I thought, NO WAY.

But my Tuscany Red showed up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Focus on Order-Etis information not showing

Greetings to fellow Focus drivers (or soon-to-be!)

I just received my VIN from my sales rep and plugged it into ETIS. It provided the plant name and the type of vehicle it will be. Nothing else was posted/populated.

Is there a delay in how much time before ETIS is updated? I ordered my SEL-Premium 5-door May 26th-2011. I was "bold" enough to order Red Candy for the exterior color...The sales rep stated that my cause some delay in getting the car produced, but I would have regretted ordering a "second-best" color every time I would make a lease payment!

The tentative build week will be the first week of August.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks for ALL of the insight that I have seen posted for the past few weeks. I have been "updating" my dealership with info!

Best regards,

Todd-direct!

·
Registered
781 Posts
ETIS says everyone has an engine cover, that was discontinued a few weeks ago. they haven't taken it out of the build process yet. so you still get checked off as getting one.

@todd-direct - etis is updated after production has started on your vehicle. so don't expect to see any information there until the 2nd week of august i'd say.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Greetings to fellow Focus drivers (or soon-to-be!)

I just received my VIN from my sales rep and plugged it into ETIS. It provided the plant name and the type of vehicle it will be. Nothing else was posted/populated.

Is there a delay in how much time before ETIS is updated? I ordered my SEL-Premium 5-door May 26th-2011. I was "bold" enough to order Red Candy for the exterior color...The sales rep stated that my cause some delay in getting the car produced, but I would have regretted ordering a "second-best" color every time I would make a lease payment!

The tentative build week will be the first week of August.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks for ALL of the insight that I have seen posted for the past few weeks. I have been "updating" my dealership with info!

Best regards,

Todd-direct!
My ETIS information populated about 2-3 days after my build date.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts