Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I went and cancelled my ESP today as I don't see keeping a vehicle that has this issue but got to wondering if the ESP even covered this issue. I looked at the items the Premium ESP covers and it says nothing about clutch discs or transmission clutches anywhere. My question is then does anyone really know if this issue is actually covered by Ford? Like brake pads the clutch would be considered a wear item and neither are listed on the ESP.

Just a thought and maybe someone here has the answer.

Montana

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
According to the Ford Owner site it looks like all ESP plans cover "All Internal Parts" of the transmission, and then some. So clutches are definitely considered internal parts I'd imagine, being that they're inside the transmission housing, lol.

PremiumCARE covers a LOT that has to do with the transmission, just check the Ford Owner site for details on the ESP plans.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just saw at the bottom of the brochure that manual clutch discs and brake pads are not covered so I don't know if it would cover the discs in the DCT or not.

I would imagine it should but who knows.

Montana

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I just saw at the bottom of the brochure that manual clutch discs and brake pads are not covered so I don't know if it would cover the discs in the DCT or not.

I would imagine it should but who knows.

Montana
Yeah I would imagine that the automatic clutch discs would be covered. At the very least, even a manual clutch shouldn't fail within 5 years if you know how to drive your car correctly. There's no reason a car designed to shift itself should have bad wear issues, and as such if something failed within that 5 year period I'd imagine it would be covered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts