Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a video I found on the Ford Dual Clutch Transaxle (DCT) DPS6 that goes into detail on how the clutch system works!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Very nice video on the mechanical parts. But no explanation of what the problems are, and why, and how they could be remedied. i think the answer is in the mystery box, the TCU. It just can't figure out when and how to shift. I think there's a solution to be had, but Ford is busy designing EVs instead and is just waiting for the Foci to die.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good video but the guy talking makes it seem like this transmission is an engineering marvel not an engineering disaster like several courts have already decided. This video must have been made well before the issues were well known by the public.

·
FF Affiliate
30,237 Posts
You guys are blaming the Transmission and the transmission isnt the problem or the TCM , The problem is the software running the TCM , You can build the best running longest lasting part and if the software running it sucks the part will suck

There was internal Ford documents released where Ford knew the software was a an issue long before production in 2012 this was posted on the net on top of that my Custom Tune greatly improves the shudder or cures it so that as well proves its a software issue like I have been saying sense mid 2012

Tom

·
Registered
19 Posts
That's why many of us are hoping that Ford comes up with a software fix, which should be cheap to implement. Cheaper than replacing transmissions and driving away customers.

·
FF Affiliate
30,237 Posts
That's why many of us are hoping that Ford comes up with a software fix, which should be cheap to implement. Cheaper than replacing transmissions and driving away customers.
Ford stopped making the Focus , they will spend millions to drag this out then its over , Ford is not going to fix this if they were they would of dont it 5-6 years ago

Tom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts