Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading alot of stuff about the dealerships sucking ass, I wanted to share a few of my experiances. First off I have to agree, they do suck. What ever happened to customer service! I have bought 2 brand new cars from the dealership up here. And they are real helpful until you get the car out the door. I had a problem with the sport track not wanting to start. It acted like it was flodded all the time and it was going through some serious gas not that it doesn't any way but. I had the wife take it down to the dealer and they told her they would look at it the next day because it didn't want to start most of the time first thing in the moring. So the next afternoon I called and asked "whats up with the truck?" They told me it had not been looked at yet. Which pissed me off. After arguing with the guy on the phone for awhile he said he would go try to fire it up. He called me back 3 hours later and told me it started fine, and he could not duplicate the problem. Another words, screw you there isn't anything worng with it. I got pissed again and told him to plug it in. It should hold the last few starts in the memory and they should be able to hunt down the problem from there. Well he got pissed for me telling him how to do his job. So I called the manager and got him to give the order to plug it in the computer. I called back a few hours later and asked what the status was and they told me that they were going to keep it over night again! Man I was pissed. They asked me to explain what was wrong with the truck and I told him that it's acting like it getting to much gas not enough air mix. I told him it went through almost 1/4 tank just to get to the dealer ship (28 miles) the guy called me a lier! Oh it was on then. I called the manager back and told him to stick the truck where the sun don't shine. So he had them look at it again. The finale result... Get this they changed the plugs, and why, well because they were carboned up bad hmmmm, I wonder if that was because of too much gas. I told the guy this same thing and he said no it was fine with the mixture. BUll SHIT! The truck had 2k on it at the time, plugs gone that soon I don't think so! I told him not to touch the truck and I would fix it. Brought it home disconnected the battery for couple of hours and it has run fine since. Damn dealers.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Typical! They got your money already... what do YOU know about cars!! You're not a shop monkey, so you must be stupid when it comes to your ride!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
i always say that dont deal with the ford dealers if you can help it, tried to charge me 250 labor for install of a replacement shift base. i bought the base for 40 bucks and installed it myself in 30 minutes. stupid stupid people

·
Registered
510 Posts
I took my car in last Monday because I bought it and didn't know it had a bent rim. I also took it in for creaking in the front suspension. Well, I get a call from the service writer asking how to take off my the center caps, (I tell him "with an allen wrench") then he told me they couldn't test drive it until they got the new rim because they couldn't concentrate on a noise because it was pulling to the left due to low tire pressure. So I tell him to put air in the tire and it will be ok for at least 24hrs. I had to ask if he was still there due to no response. Well, they still have the car and I had to make a call to the service manager and wow how things get taken care of. My wheel was ordered Tues 8 days after they had the car!! This is a fairly new dealership and not the one I usually go to. It seems like some of the Ford employees missed out on the Quality is Job One seminar!!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Zarelli6
As far a labor costs go it is regulated - it's not just a Ford thing. I used to love getting a 30,000 mile service job when I wrenched (at a local shop - not a dealer) because I could do it in 45min on most cars but the book said it was a 3hr job. I'm not sure how they get the hrs for some things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts