Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16,042 Posts
The bolts may be specialty with 8 mm. heads on what will usually be a 10 mm. head at any hardware store. It can make a difference in close quarters.

Junkyard is where I would be instantly.

Incidentally, wanting to torque up outside cases on transaxles can bite the crap out of you, the torques specced there are just as much not to twist the cases out of shape as to hold bolts in place. You can overtorque to tear transmission up if not careful. The end clearances are also based on those torques, if you overtighten to close them up trans is doomed. Modern thinwall casting assemblies cannot just be tightened up any way you want. If you think the torque is too low then removeable loctite the bolt in place at proper torque.

I replace bolts on nothing but butchered parts and TTY stuff. I ALWAYS reuse if the parts are up to the task.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I know this is an older thread, but in case it may help somebody else with the same problem...I'd look for a Pull-A-Part or whatever your local equivalent is. They generally have the vehicles up on blocks so the underneath parts can be accessed and sold. I wouldn't do it in hot weather, the one here is a HUGE lot, with Fords as far away from the entrance as possible. I made the mistake of going in the middle of the summer, (I have some health issues) I nearly collapsed from the heat, had to get a ride back to the building from a guy working in the yard.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Takes bolts with you and check someplace such as fastenall even a grade 8 bolt won't cost you that much nothing special about them other than the dealer thinks their parts are golden.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts