Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the janitor at my job is probably going to sell me his 99 contour for like 200dollars because it doesnt run. He said "something snapped" and then it wouldn't start. So it being a 2.0 vct engine I'm thinking the timing belt broke. Well I went to take a look at it today and pulled the oil cap and the cams are still turning when cranked, but after prying the timing cover a little bit I noticed that during cranking the belt is all over the place on the cam sprocket. I'm thinking the tensioner broke? So ya give me some opinions. I've never done a timing belt on one a zetec but I'm up to it. Oh and do you guys think its worth it? 200 dollars for a 99 contour with 140k?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Most scrap yards wiil pay more than that for scrap cars. Around my area the current price is $16 per 100 lb of car weight. You should easily get more than $200 for it if it's not repairable. Go for it!

·
Machinery Technician
7,322 Posts
maybe a bad tensioner or the belt lost some teeth.. find out if that engine is non-interference.. if it is, it's an easy enough fix and definitely worth the $200

1 - 3 of 3 Posts