Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Very cool, I like the Cobb car... Cobb is one of my favorite companies to deal with after being a part of the Mazdaspeed 3 crowd. If they release an AccessPort for the Focus ST, it's going to dominate the competition with the gains that can achieve. The tuning capabilities with it for the MS3 are astounding, and it's not a piggyback, it just reflashes the ECU, you can reflash anytime, back to stock, whatever you want, and the tuning parameters via AccessTuner RACE and AccessTuner PRO are amazing.

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
Seriously, if Cobb is working on Foci I may have to eventually get one. Especially with Cobb being only about 20 minutes from My place.

·
Sonic's MK3 Crew #14
2,026 Posts
Steeda did a HELL of a job on the 12', they need to release these parts and body kits soon, hopefully after SEMA, I need a project to work on and a transformation to a Steeda 12' is just what I'm looking for

·
Registered
967 Posts
The Sedan with the Orange and Grey is SICK! The antenna is in the wrong place though.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Very cool, I like the Cobb car... Cobb is one of my favorite companies to deal with after being a part of the Mazdaspeed 3 crowd. If they release an AccessPort for the Focus ST, it's going to dominate the competition with the gains that can achieve. The tuning capabilities with it for the MS3 are astounding, and it's not a piggyback, it just reflashes the ECU, you can reflash anytime, back to stock, whatever you want, and the tuning parameters via AccessTuner RACE and AccessTuner PRO are amazing.
Yeup, Cobb is pretty awesome!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
I like the Capaldi Racing Sedan the best for some reason. [;)] Don't care for the color scheme or graphics, but the aero kit and grill are outstanding. I already checked their web site, and there's nothing listed showing them as available parts. [pray]

·
Registered
261 Posts
Oh man. The bojix i like the most.

So enlighten me fellas, are they selling fully souped up cars like this or are they going to have the parts available for modifying?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts

So enlighten me fellas, are they selling fully souped up cars like this or are they going to have the parts available for modifying?
These are teasers. Some companies may release products to the public, some of them just show the potential of the platform. Companies like Cobb are performance oriented not really aesthetic oriented, so you'll see hard performance parts from them should they choose to pick up the platform.

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
^^I'd say the chances of Cobb jumping into this are good. We(Team Dreamspeed, et al) have been bugging them to get into the Focus for awhile, and the general response was, "As soon as Ford starts using a DI-VCT engine, We'll seriously look at the Focus, but not before then." That has to be good news, right? *crosses fingers*

Most of these parts used for these builds(historically speaking) are one-off parts, and will probably never see the light of day in the retail world, unless enough demand is shown. But to be honest, this being a completely new Focus platform, it is entirely possible(and likely) that the GenIII Focus aftermarket is about to blow up. Here's hoping![thumb]

·
Registered
524 Posts

+1 on this design. Very clean looking.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
^^I'd say the chances of Cobb jumping into this are good. We(Team Dreamspeed, et al) have been bugging them to get into the Focus for awhile, and the general response was, "As soon as Ford starts using a DI-VCT engine, We'll seriously look at the Focus, but not before then." That has to be good news, right? *crosses fingers*

Most of these parts used for these builds(historically speaking) are one-off parts, and will probably never see the light of day in the retail world, unless enough demand is shown. But to be honest, this being a completely new Focus platform, it is entirely possible(and likely) that the GenIII Focus aftermarket is about to blow up. Here's hoping![thumb]
Sure is good news. I really hope they do jump in... I was sad to leave the Mazdaspeed platform because I'd be losing the ability to buy Cobb, but this makes me happy.

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
Believe Me, I feel like a complete fool hanging out at the monthly Cobb meet, knowing full well that not only do they make nothing for Me, they have no intention of doing so, lol. But We go faithfully every month, because We have Subies among others, not just Foci in Our car club. Not to mention Our weekly meet location is less than 5 minutes from their shop. Seriously though, if Cobb does indeed start producing for the GenIII, I will be looking very closely at a used one in the next year or so(I don't buy new, ever).

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Believe Me, I feel like a complete fool hanging out at the monthly Cobb meet, knowing full well that not only do they make nothing for Me, they have no intention of doing so, lol. But We go faithfully every month, because We have Subies among others, not just Foci in Our car club. Not to mention Our weekly meet location is less than 5 minutes from their shop. Seriously though, if Cobb does indeed start producing for the GenIII, I will be looking very closely at a used one in the next year or so(I don't buy new, ever).
Oh I sure hope they do. I'd love to rock a Cobb plate frame again!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts