Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What should i put in place of the blue oval? (grill, hatch, wheel, ?caps?)

• Keep the blue oval !!

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Posers are cool, badge "SVT".

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Dura" might look good in the oval...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "2.3" ALL THE WAY!

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • "Focus" would be a sweet badge...

Votes: 4 33.3%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ford oval and wheel cap opinions...

i've been looking to change my ford badges on my car to something different, and would love to change the wheel caps while i'm at it. i've already debadged the back end, fyi.

i really like the look of the SVT instead of the ford badges, but badging a non svt seems to be a bad thing around here, and i'm not looking to be a poser. i'd put Duratec on there, but it's kinda long, and Dura would look funny i think.

i've also toyed with the idea of putting 2.3 on there, but i'm not sure how it would look. i've only seen svt badges in place of the ford oval.

Does anyone have "focus" there instead of ford?

i guess i'd be interested in people's pictures of their replacement oval stickers and some opinions on what i should change over to.

also, would changing the wheel caps to fit the ovals be too much of the same thing? i'd probably go for a black background with a silverish lettering on both spots.

EDIT FOR PICS:

SVT OVAL

·
Dragon Warrior
309 Posts
I vote to keep the oval but thats just me.

but you could get the 2.3 badge from a mazda 3 and put them on the side of the car.

and don't be a poser.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
If it were me i would just paint it the same color as your wheel. That or a focus logo.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Focus logo...its what I did to my black EAP 17s before some low-life stole three of them (and the fourth one was rendered unusable when it was ground out after a sidewall blowout)...

Its just a vinyl overlay that sticks onto the existing centercap. I had mine made by www.izoomgraphics.com, they were very reasonably priced at $3.50 each plus flat-rate shipping. I'll be getting more from them when Ford Racing finally gets the black EAP wheels back in stock.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
i hear alot of ppl say theirs were stolen, and im not saying yours werent, but ive noticed sometimes they just start to fall out, the little plastic clips somehow give and they arent as tight in there anymore

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think he's talking about his wheels, not the caps.

at the moment i'm leaning towards doing my center caps wheel color and doing 2.3 or focus instead of the ford for the three oval badges. silver lettering on black.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Yeah, three of my wheels were stolen, probably by some [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] kids who live down the street from my parents and don't realize that there is an extremely limited number of applications for 4x108 lug pattern wheels. Odds are they're either sitting in someone's garage or in the middle of a field somewhere...

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
SInce you asked.. here is what I replaced my Ford Ovals with....

Got them cheap from an AMAZING website that will even do custom stickers, SVT build number stickers, everything you could ever need...

http://www.webxtremes.com

·
Registered
238 Posts
I redid my center caps in black with silver lettering. Also ordered from izoomgraphics.com. I like the results I got.

-Ben

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
2.3 and do that center cap^

1 - 12 of 12 Posts