Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been told by several people, and I believe have even read on this forum, that if you remove the rear Ford badge you will have to deal with the holes left by the screws which
attach it to the body. Well I decided to deal with it and replace both the front and rear Ford badges with billet aluminum ones. What I discovered, after removing the rear hatch trim was that it's not bolted on at all! It's stuck on with adhesive tape much like the Focus
name badge. Took a plastic knife, so as not to scratch anything, and peeled it right off.

I now have billet aluminum Ford badges front and rear and it looks so much better than the blue oval.

If you wanted to you could just peel it off and not put anything in its place and it would compliment a badgeless front grille.

Now I'm not sure if this is the case for all 03's or just the ZX5 or what but if you check behind your trim first you can tell real quick if its bolted on or not.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Show us some pics!

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
The one on the front grille is bolted to the grille isn't it ?
Mine was and I removed it from the grille by removing the two screws that hold it on.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I tried to take some photos but it's a real cloudy overcast day and they didn't turn out
all that great. It looks better in person but no more blue oval. I included shots of both the front and rear. License plates will be painted cloud9 white this weekend.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, the front one is bolted onto the grille and I thought the rear one was bolted on also but it was stuck on with sticky tape. When you take the rear badge off there is an oval shaped area where you can see that it goes but it is the same color as the car so if you didn't own a Focus you would probably never notice it or know what went there. I had already bought the two billet aluminum badges so I put the rear one on anyway.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It still reads Ford on the billet aluminum badge and besides, it doesn't say focus on my car
anymore either so that doesn't make it a mustang. Blue oval or not everyone knows it's a Ford not a Chevy or anything else for that matter.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks FucusUnderground, halo projectors are next on the list for exterior mods.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
[confused] ??????????????^^^^^^^^^^

1 - 20 of 21 Posts