Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Doesn't this annoy anyone else?
I read about this on cnet: http://www.cnet.com/news/ford-sync-3-announced/

And almost every one of the benefits of the new system Ford's sync could already do. Voice Navigation, Voice Audio, Voice Climate... How can someone report on something they know so little about?

As someone who now has a QNX based UConnect in their Charger I will be the first to say that Ford is making a huge mistake. The voice recognition of the QNX system is often infuriating and entirely useless, which was a feature that made me love the MFT on my Focus.

Ford just keeps making bad decisions... (Except for bringing the RS to the US, that was a good one)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've personally got to play around with the new SYNC 3 and I thought the voice reception was better than MFT. But that's just me, to each their own.

The new QNX also offers apps, something MFT couldn't do.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've personally got to play around with the new SYNC 3 and I thought the voice reception was better than MFT. But that's just me, to each their own.

The new QNX also offers apps, something MFT couldn't do.
My QNX doesn't have apps either, so I'm inclined to believe that's a version thing not an OS thing.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Hey everyone!

Sync 3 is an all-new system; current SYNC and MyFord Touch systems will not be able to switch to it. For more info on the new system, check out this link:

http://www.ford.com/technology/sync3/

Rebecca

·
Registered
242 Posts
B.-BLUETOOTH AUDIO!!!
Darkrai -........ "You can say..."
B. -BLUETOOTH AUDIO!!!
Darkrai -"Bluetooth audio is that correct?"
B. -YES!
Darkrai -"Bluetooth Audio."

(Darkrai is what I named my car btw)

·
Registered
580 Posts
let's hope ford at least makes an effort to patch bugs in Sync 2. i'd hate to think i just bought a 2014 escape that came with 15 month old software that will never be fixed or upgraded.

anyway, Sync 3 looks cool. too bad i can't afford to buy a new car every couple years. :p

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
B.-BLUETOOTH AUDIO!!!
Darkrai -........ "You can say..."
B. -BLUETOOTH AUDIO!!!
Darkrai -"Bluetooth audio is that correct?"
B. -YES!
Darkrai -"Bluetooth Audio."

(Darkrai is what I named my car btw)
You can turn the voice recognition from novice to advanced to get rid of those confirmation prompts.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I will try to keep most of my negative comments to myself, but as a Ford Owner with not 1, but 2 vehicles with MyFord Touch, statements like this really burn me.

"Ford was first to bring voice control to in-vehicle apps with AppLink™, and the experience is further improved with SYNC 3."

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How to do you do that?
Your profile shows a 2014 Focus SE so you should have Gen 1 SYNC non-touchscreen. So this is the voice prompt settings for a Gen 1 SYNC.

Push the voice icon; when prompted, say “Voice settings”, then
any of the following:

“Interaction mode standard” Provides more detailed interaction and
guidance.
“Interaction mode advanced” Provides less audible interaction

The system defaults to the standard interaction mode.
Confirmation prompts are short questions the system asks when it is not
sure of your request or when there are multiple possible responses to your
request. (For example, the system may ask “Phone, is that correct?”) If
turned off, the system simply makes a best guess as to what you requested
and you may still occasionally be asked to confirm settings.

Keep in mind that when in advanced mode, you tend to have to know more of the exact voice prompts.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey everyone!

Sync 3 is an all-new system; current SYNC and MyFord Touch systems will not be able to switch to it. For more info on the new system, check out this link:

http://www.ford.com/technology/sync3/

Rebecca
Well that [expletive deleted]![?|]

Will any attempt be made to fix bugs / issues with the existing MFT system?

Ford should look at the 'Osbourne Effect' to predict what will happen to sales of vehicles equipped with MFT.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts