Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Well, great. I just bought a $30k Focus hoping I could drive it until I die and now I already want the 1.0L that will be available in a few years. (That or the Evos concept...)

·
Registered
89 Posts
118hp would be pretty underpowered on the Focus (by US standards anyway), but it would be a great fit for the Fiesta, with about the same hp figure as the current 1.6 and a touch more torque, available at much lower revs.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 1.0L EcoBoost goes into production in March and arrives in an unnamed US model "quickly" after that. I think the Fiesta will get it.

The Fusion is gettin the 1.6L Ecoboost next year, so maybe the Focus will get the 1.6EB in addition to the 2.0L EB

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
IF...big IF... Ford brings it here in the Fiesta with an manual transmission. I WILL buy one...Hear me Ford?

No stinking automatic, I won't buy it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Have you driven the Fiesta with a manual? Not exactly a pleasure. Long throws and squishy feel - I'd rather drive the automatic in that car for sure.

Obviously no way that this comes to the US Focus.

·
Registered
532 Posts
118hp would be pretty underpowered on the Focus (by US standards anyway), but it would be a great fit for the Fiesta, with about the same hp figure as the current 1.6 and a touch more torque, available at much lower revs.
I agree! The Fiesta should have this engine. The Focus should have a 1.6L Ecoboost and obviosly the 2.3L for the ST.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I agree! The Fiesta should have this engine. The Focus should have a 1.6L Ecoboost and obviosly the 2.3L for the ST.
I bet I could make the 1.0L EcoBoost work for my Focus... And if I really needed more power, I could always downshift - considering our cars can rev to 2384923543 RPM now. And it has EcoBoost - which has more power at higher RPMs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts