Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
815 Posts
Did Hi-Boost ever come out with theres yet? I cant find the actual place where you buy it? www.hiboost.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
815 Posts
I dont think you have to do much. I would imagine if you have a mtx you could just use turbo. But if you have atx I would suggest buying a lentech automatic since our stock auto's only hold 180. If you go with focussport you should buy both stages because you really want that intercooler if thats your daily driver.

Other engine upgrades would be pistons,ARP main and head bolts , wouldnt do cams , adj cam gears, clutch, Fly wheel, ported head and stainless valves
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cajun Boy876 said:
I dont think you have to do much. I would imagine if you have a mtx you could just use turbo. But if you have atx I would suggest buying a lentech automatic since our stock auto's only hold 180. If you go with focussport you should buy both stages because you really want that intercooler if thats your daily driver.

Other engine upgrades would be pistons,ARP main and head bolts , wouldnt do cams , adj cam gears, clutch, Fly wheel, ported head and stainless valves
I do have an Automatic transmission, and i know to go stage 2, whats the Lantech thing?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
815 Posts
Bah, ATX, I have one too, You gonna be droping another couple grand for a better atx. Heres the site http://www.lentechautomatics.com/ , sell atx that can handel 290, and 400hp easy. Click on the Front Wheel Drive one.....Your gonna need the street terminator which is gonna run you 2 grand. R you can just run enough boost to have 180. But for that money I would just go NA.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
815 Posts
Lol, I have the money to do turbo and lentech auto. My dad wont let me do any of it because of my damn warranty. And he got the extended plan, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Then I allready installed FS exhaust so its allready illegal since I took cat off. And I put CAI and you know Ford will trace any problem you have in your engine with your CAI. It could be your alternator and they wouldnt fix it because you have a CAI. I hate Ford, My next car is gonna be a Mazda probably. The focus has alot of potential, and I wish my dad would let me unlock it :-(.
 

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
Joined
·
6,890 Posts
1turbofocus said:
Yes the hiboost kit is out and working and in my opinion the better of the 2 kits out for the duratec

Tom
Can you elaborate on what makes the hiboost kit better than the Focussport ?

Is it the tuning ?
The quality of components/parts ?
The power gains ?
The turbo itself ?
The dyno plot/power curve ?
The price ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,073 Posts
microtonal said:
Can you elaborate on what makes the hiboost kit better than the Focussport ?

Is it the tuning ?
The quality of components/parts ?
The power gains ?
The turbo itself ?
The dyno plot/power curve ?
The price ?
seems those items are addressed in the other thread entitled hiboost or focussport.
 

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
Joined
·
6,890 Posts
finalley said:
seems those items are addressed in the other thread entitled hiboost or focussport.
I was hoping to get a more scientific answer on my questions but from reading the other thread, I see Tom is back at his usual tactics of slandering FocusSport by taking 'INTERNET' postings out of context.
 

·
FF Affiliate
Joined
·
31,093 Posts
To slander: Utteance of a false statement or statements

Did he detune it? YES
Did they use race fuel? YES
Did there car run hot? YES
Did it run so hot it went into limp made? YES
Did there Turbo Focus finish behind a NA Focus? YES

These were all FACTS , whers the slander

Tom
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
181 Posts
1turbofocus said:
That tune SUCKS it has major issues, im not sure who does there tuning but you need to get another one , and here i am telling other to look into this kit

Contact them and get that fixed , that just plain looks like crap , your larger Exh isnt causing this a poor tune is , did you contact them with this and have them look at it

Tom

^^^
Once again my favorite quote bout the Hi-Boost kit.
Thanks for this one Tom.




Vik
 

·
FF Affiliate
Joined
·
31,093 Posts
Its called being able to post honestly about something seen on a site , I talk openly about the good and the bad about things you should try it some time vik

People say i bash fs all the time but i have allways said i bash anything that isnt right and this prooves that point but i still fully support that the highboost kit is still the way to go and as allways do your tuning at a local dyno for the safest and the best performance

vik dont you think it is time you pay to sponsor your product here?

Tom
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
181 Posts
1turbofocus said:
Its called being able to post honestly about something seen on a site , I talk openly about the good and the bad about things you should try it some time vik

People say i bash fs all the time but i have allways said i bash anything that isnt right and this prooves that point but i still fully support that the highboost kit is still the way to go and as allways do your tuning at a local dyno for the safest and the best performance

vik dont you think it is time you pay to sponsor your product here?

Tom

I never advertised our product, just protected it's integrity from you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am sensing some hostility here people, chill out guys, i asked if there were forced induction applications now, not which one i should go with, i would decide that on my own, using my own research not from internet posts. take a deep breath and lets all just get along, if you want to fight with someone, go on the Civic forums and baqsh them, but not eachother, we are all on the same side. Peace out
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top