Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
wickedgreyzx3 said:
waste of money. hope you don't get a cel
Is it that you just don't like that paticular brand?

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
first off all aem stuff is crap

second noone understands the concept of our maf, it needs the venturi effect. thus why walter, focussport use the stock maf tubing. and why cosworths costs so much, becuase they built the venturi effect into their intake

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
wickedgreyzx3 said:
first off all aem stuff is crap

second noone understands the concept of our maf, it needs the venturi effect. thus why walter, focussport use the stock maf tubing. and why cosworths costs so much, becuase they built the venturi effect into their intake
ummm... try F2 CAI that doesn't use the stock MAF tubing and no CEL from it.... sorry you are wrong.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
the aem intake does run lean btw, something verified by Randy over at focussport.

still haven't seen a before and after dyno of the f2 intake, also they don't have any in stock and may not make more of them.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
WOW these people do seem to be bashing you a lot.... they kinda need to shut up cause they are really annoying.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
aero_student said:
the aem intake does run lean btw, something verified by Randy over at focussport.

still haven't seen a before and after dyno of the f2 intake, also they don't have any in stock and may not make more of them.
I'm well aware it runs lean, I just don't have the cash laying around to get it tuned, plus it's going to be sitting in a garage from July until mid December, so it's not really on my priority list.... I don't see the point in a tune until I get the rest of my bolt-ons put on, which won't be until Spring 07 now.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
aero_student said:

ummm... the dyno of an F2 CAI should actually be better than MM because they do not use the small stock MAF housing... they use a full 3" piping all the way from the filter to the TB... so it should be just as good as a Cosworth and better than MM and a few others.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts