Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before turning off your car, put the volume all the way low. The next time you get into your car, the radio will be "off."

I posted this in another thread but it got lost under all the complaints about the radio staying on even when turned off before powering off. Turning the volume low, will keep it at the same level when the car is turned on and essentially would be like if you were to turn it off yourself. It has worked for me and Titanium Fred as well, worth a try for others.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Strange, you want the radio off when you turn the car on, correct? This is essentially the same exact result, except the radio is on mute.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Interesting; if my radio is off when I shut the car off it's off when I start it. If it's on when I shut it off it's on when I start the next time.

2012 SEL

This is the same as every other vehicle I have owned in the past 30+ years.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Strange, you want the radio off when you turn the car on, correct? This is essentially the same exact result, except the radio is on mute.
Maybe people just want things to actually do what they're told to do and not "essentially the same" thing.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Interesting; if my radio is off when I shut the car off it's off when I start it. If it's on when I shut it off it's on when I start the next time.

2012 SEL

The focus is the first car I've ever owned that turned its radio on by default...

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe people just want things to actually do what they're told to do and not "essentially the same" thing.
Your constant trolling is getting annoying, your argument makes absolutely no sense and the difference between muting the radio or turning it off is zero.

2012 SEL

this is more than likely a MFT issue.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cappa, are you Ford management? There is a problem here and you are not helping.
Why would I be Ford management? I am still waiting for someone to explain to me what's the difference between having the radio on mute or powering it off?

·
Registered
9 Posts
"Your constant trolling is getting annoying, your argument makes absolutely no sense and the difference between muting the radio or turning it off is zero"

You don't get it....so go insult elsewhere

·
Registered
207 Posts
maybe someone wants to keep their radio at exact same volume and doesn't want to turn the knob everytime when they can just push the buttom to turn off/on ??

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
maybe someone wants to keep their radio at exact same volume and doesn't want to turn the knob everytime when they can just push the buttom to turn off/on ??
Now we're just being trivial. The same amount of time it takes to turn a knob it takes to push the power on/off button. This thread is heading nowhere fast. This thread was to show people another method that would recreate "turning off your radio" by lowering the volume before your turn off the car nothing more, nothing less until a patch is released that should solve this problem

There are more important issues regarding MFT than a radio on/off problem. This will be my last reply about arguing the triviality of this.

·
Registered
61 Posts

2012 SEL

Well that is how it works on my Mustang, Challenger, old Ford truck and yeah every car I have ever owned, rented or even driven. [histerical]

·
Registered
395 Posts
Why would I be Ford management? I am still waiting for someone to explain to me what's the difference between having the radio on mute or powering it off?
Because having the power on uses energy keeps the circuits energized, lowers lifespan, increases chance of something going wrong even if the volume is on minimum.

On the other hand power off... is just that...

And yes I agree fully with the others. I want a power button to do what it was designed to do... Even with many years of technology advancement every company knew what it was designed for, Ford apparently lost the memo.

And Cappa you are the troll here, you argue everyone who has a valid point with your "solution" being the only right one.

MFT is a broken product there is no denying that, just stop defending it to death it doesn't contribute to anything.

Maybe you never got past the denial stage of DABDA... or maybe you did and you are finally at the bargaining stage...
I say you are... since you are bargaining that volume set to minimum while all electrical components are energized is the same thing as power off... LOL

---------------------------

Not to mention... MFT was designed for convenience... at this point it is anything but that...

·
Registered
201 Posts
And Cappa you are the troll here, you argue everyone who has a valid point with your "solution" being the only right one.

MFT is a broken product there is no denying that, just stop defending it to death it doesn't contribute to anything.

Or maybe you never got past the denial stage of DABDA... or maybe you did and you are finally at the bargaining stage...
Yeah I say you are... since you are bargaining that volume set to minimum while all electrical components are energized is the same thing as power off... LOL

---------------------------

And not to mention... MFT was designed for convenience... at this point it is anything but that...

I had this issue with Cappa on another thread earlier today. Just ignore him, he goes away. Personality issue that does not translate well to the internet.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Try this:

Have navigation as the active screen. Turn off radio with hard button. Turn car off. Turn car back on. Radio is still off.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
asjwalsh & cappa -

i stand corrected. The 2.11 update will fix the radio always on at start-up concern. (turn it off). I was just provided this information so i do apologize.

The update should be out by the end of this week!
fyi..

·
Registered
198 Posts
Try this:

Have navigation as the active screen. Turn off radio with hard button. Turn car off. Turn car back on. Radio is still off.
How do you make navigation the active screen, I keep trying and every time I turn car off it return to the 4 choice mode with the selection in all 4 corners

1 - 20 of 22 Posts