1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Item: SVT JRSC w/BBK
email: blah4blah4blah (at) yahoo DOT com

Price 2400 shipped.

This is a Jackson Racing supercharger for the SVT Focus, with the big boost kit on it.

The entire blower and manifold has been gone thru by Steigmier. Including a front end rebuild, total porting of both TB side (for 67mm throttle body) and rotor side of the casing, and the manifold has been done as well. They also repaired a small crack in the manifold, which is fairly common, but has been reinforced so it doesnt happen again. Over $700 of work was done to this blower at Steigmier.

One of the holes on the new fuel rail had broken off, but I took it to T1 race development and they TIG welded it back on. Fully functional, I have run it this way for over a year. I also had them re-inforce the throttle cable bracket.

I will provide a base tune for your specific ECU code and injectors.

Items not included:
Injectors (recommend 42lb or larger)
Throttle body (any SVT throttle body will work)
Intake (Oscar Jackson himself recommended the STOCK SVT intake with a K&N drop in, but any SVT intake should work).

I will include the tensioner and belt that I was using, but I personally dont like using used belts, so I recommend replacing them, but it is not required.

I will also include the manifold to head gasket, and the blower to manifold gasket, but again, i suggest replacing them with new.

the actual kit, on my car, BEFORE the steigmier work:

232 WHP

(click the picture)

And no, I did not have it dynoed after the port work, but it was alot more fun to drive
[burnout][driving][race]

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what does the "base" tune in compass?
you wont blow up on the way to the dyno...its just a base safe canned tune.

should be ok for a few days of NORMAL driving, but if you go out and "flash it and floor it", well......im not responsible, lol..

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did your car have A/C? and when was the last the time oil has been changed in the snout?
yes, teh car had A/C.

The blower has had everything done to it. Steigmier did a front drive rebuild, changed the snout oil, balanced, clearanced, ported and everything else to it not even a year ago.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pm replied.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Very interested, can you give some pointers during install etc?

Could a road tune/log be done with this, or does it have to see a Dyno?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very interested, can you give some pointers during install etc?

Could a road tune/log be done with this, or does it have to see a Dyno?
take off intake manifold, install supercharger manifold and put blower on, simple!

and yes, you could remote tune it that way. Tom does that very well, dyno would obviously streamline the process.

·
Registered
345 Posts
How hard is it to obtain new gaskets and belt?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Make the gasket its not hard to cut it out. And just go to your local parts store and get a belt.
exactly, just goto any parts store and ask for a roll of gasket material, its 5-10 bucks depending on material.

the belt is included with the kit, just get the part number off it, and goto your local autoparts store and have them cross reference.

if you get the idiot that asks you "what kind of car its going on" just tell them to look it up by part number (that happens alot....lol).

I just dont feel comfortable reusing gaskets and belts, they are wear and tear items, that is the only reason i suggested getting new ones.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
all pm's replied too.

first person to come up with the cash gets it, have had several people interested but saying "i have to sell this, or borrow money from that"

money talks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I would like to known which supercharged is better for lapping the powerwork or the jackson and if you are willing to ship in canada thank

·
Registered
891 Posts
Hi, I would like to known which supercharged is better for lapping the powerwork or the jackson and if you are willing to ship in canada thank
If you are talking road racing, the powerworks will be best because the jackson will get some heat soak after a while on the track. For around town, the jackson would be best.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, though I had someone else ask me about shipping to canada, and in his postal code it was 300+ to ship too, so as long as you cover the additional shipping, I have no problems with this.

If you are talking road racing, the powerworks will be best because the jackson will get some heat soak after a while on the track. For around town, the jackson would be best.
Yep, the powerworks would be better around the track because it has the heat exchanger to help cool the intake charge. With all the port work done to the JRSC, the kits will make similar power, but the Jackson is more supceptible to heat soak due to being non-intercooled.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
1.) why do you have both superchargers?

2.) are you going turbo?

3.) what size pulley is on the SC? I see there is 3 different sizes you can put on

4.) do you have all the receipts of all the work done to the SC.. for warranty purposes?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts