Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The wheels are gone. The thread can be closed.

a. I have 4 SVT 5-Spoke Wheels. They are in rough condition. Almost every wheel has been curbed and/or bent. After hitting a very bad pot hole in the road that they made noise and felt out of balance especially above 70mph. The hit was bad enough that it knocked out the alignment. That said I used the wheels for ~6 months before I bought a set of 15 spoke SVTs with out problems other than a bit of vibration and noise. They are currently plastidipped black. Two of the Tires completely shot, the other two have a bit of tread left.
b. Shippensburg PA
c. $50 - Local Pickup Only
d. Close up pictures of wheels individually

e. Andrew
f. 717 491-6746 or [email protected]

If these don't sell in two weeks I'm going to junk them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Could you take a picture of the wheels that have bends? Do at least 2 of them not have bends? I could make a day trip since you're about 7 hours away.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could you take a picture of the wheels that have bends? Do at least 2 of them not have bends? I could make a day trip since you're about 7 hours away.
Pictures

I've included pictures of the worst curb rash, and all of the wheels front and back. I didn't see any bad bends, mostly a few flat spots. I just know that after hitting a very bad hole in the road that they made noise and felt out of balance especially above 70mph. The hit was bad enough that it knocked out the alignment. That said I used the wheels for ~6 months before I bought a set of 15 spoke SVTs.

Also, there is a very good chance that next weekend 27-28th, that I will be in Columbus. If you picked them up there it would cut like 4 hours off your drive.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I ended up finding a set that had one with a horrible bend, and the others rashed locally (hour and a half away). Good luck with the sale though! great price

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,108 Posts
Were you still going to Columbus or was that last week? Any idea what it would cost to fix?

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,108 Posts
Ahh this is so tempting. How far are you from Columbus? I'm about 2-3 hours. Can't really pass up $50 if the bends can be fixed.

·
Registered
524 Posts
If you end up dumping them, if you don't mind hold onto one. I'd love a spare in the event I need it for any reason. I'd pay $50 for the one and am willing to meet or pay shipping if that was an option to you.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,108 Posts
I believe they are. I couldn't work out a place to meet. He may have scrapped them. I don't know.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, they are still for sale. I will be getting rid of them after this weekend if they don't sell.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts