Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2013 stock Focus ST cat back exhaust system. approximately 2500 OR LESS miles on the system. It would make an excellent replacement for a damaged ST OEM system, or as an upgrade to a standard Focus.

As you can see from the photos; it's in excellent shape, and the shop that removed it from my ST, cut it, so "some assembly" (welding) is required to get it on your ride.

I'm located in Central lower peninsula MI; buyers should plan on picking it up. I'm happy to meet you at a neutral local (restaurant, police dept, shopping center, etc) location if that suits you.

I'll ship it "if" the following conditions are met: (Sorry, I've been burned twice by would be buyers of other exhausts who backed out after I'd run up expenses--I'm not Amazon!) Pay the sale price (asking $150.00) plus a shipping, and service fee (likely to be $300.00--UPS is 20 miles away, they have to build a box around an obviously oversize, heavy object, and I have to make two 40 mile round trips to do all this) up front via Pay Pal.

Please private message me if you're interested.

Price: $150.00--will consider reasonable offers!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gas prices are down.................you could drive here and back for less than $300.00. [:)]

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump

·
Registered
246 Posts
What does bump mean

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Bumping thread to the top of the list. It lets people know the item is still available.

By the way to the OP... What would shipping be to 53018 in WI?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bumping thread to the top of the list. It lets people know the item is still available.

By the way to the OP... What would shipping be to 53018 in WI?
I guesstimated the package dimensions at 2 x 2 x 4 and 30lbs.......UPS guy said around $200.00. I wouldn't be shocked if it was MORE; if it was actually weighed and measured for boxing. The problem with used stuff like this is it's SIZE and weight. Manufacturers not only build them to fit but, in pieces so they're not so bulky and expensive to ship.

Sad to say.............as cheap as gas is right now (just paid 2.10/gal/93 octane this week end) it might be cheaper to drive and get it. But, that's just me.

It would be a nice upgrade for an SE! VROOM, VROOM!! [headbang]

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bump

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
No-one will buy with shipping of $300, I got my st exhaust shipped from US to Canada, cost about $100bucks.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bump

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
Since you already have pix, I'd box it up & see what it weights, that give you a better idea of shipping costs,,,,,,,kinda hard to believe it costs that much to ship.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
I can verify the weight is about 50 pounds

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's not just the weight; obviously distance from here to you counts, and the big factor is size. Unlike most aftermarket systems that come as several pieces; this thing is two large chunks and one small. The bigger pieces put it into oversize freight surcharge; as UPS has to literally build a box around it.

I'm not quite sure why anyone thinks I'm interested in shipping it anyway. It's clear from my ad you should plan on coming to pick it up. If that's doesn't work for a potential buyer...........I understand perfectly. A deal has to be a two way street.

I only threw the shipping offer in there in case someone's circumstances would cause them to pay the excessive shipping tab (I wouldn't in their place). UPS is 20 miles away from me; so it's a 40 mile round trip to get an estimate for something I'm not really interested in doing. I've done it once with this system and once with a motorcycle exhaust I sold a while back..............only to have both potential buyers back out on buying either system AFTER I'd made 80 miles of unnecessary trips. And, in the case of the bike exhaust; I'd purchased $20.00 worth of packing materials for a buyer who backed out. I'm sure you can imagine how thrilled I was with that.

At $150.00 (asking price), and only about 2500 miles of wear; compared to what a new ST exhaust would cost................I'm still willing to entertain reasonable offers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts