Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am selling one of my five ZX5 EAP's. It is black, has 103k miles, all original paperwork including window sticker, bill of sale, and all service records. A notebook full of history comes with the car. I am an avid collector, and I search for this particular car all the time. Only 408 were made (see below).

Been away on vacation since this was first mentioned on this forum:

Two new additions:

1. I will accept $7500 for the car. But no lower. It is too special.

2. I am adding some photos. I think I finally figured out to do so. Please note from the photos:

a. Notebook full of all receipts and services, including original bill of sale, thank you from Ford, Window Sticker, etc.
b. Has both remote key fobs in as new condition. One has never even been use.
c. Engine bay is clean and perfect.
d. Interior in near-mint. Even aluminum door sills in great shape.
e. Spare tire has never been used. Compartment is same as new.
f. Headlight lenses are as new. These are prone to hazing or discoloration.

Please read original description:

I bought the car in July, as I am a long-time collector of '04 SVT ZX5's with the European Appearance Package.

I purchased this car from the original owner, a physician who used it as his daily driver and kept meticulous records. It was always garaged--at home and at work.

At my local dealership, I spent $2477 (parts and labor) putting the car in top shape: replaced spark plugs, serviced fuel induction and throttle body, replaced rear brake pads and calipers, replaced timing belt and water pump valve, and replaced wiper relay. I intended to keep the car for a long time, and I like perfect running condition.

The car has almost new (95+% tread life) Continental DWS all season tires, which are my favorite tires for this car.

Interior is immaculate, almost like new. Carpets are clean and no rips or tears anywhere. Trunk looks like it the car just came from factory. Owner never smoked.

Exterior has normal wear and tear for car of its age, but very minor overall. There is mild curb rash on two wheels, but barely noticeable.

For those of you not familiar with the European Appearance Package ("EAP"), it was available only in 2004 for the five door ZX5 model, and included heated black leather Recaro seats, audiophile audio system with 6 disc in-dash CD play, subwoofer in trunk, special argent wheels, power moonroof, and HID headlights.

Only 408 SVT ZX5's with EAP were made in 2004, and 110 were black. A rare, fantastic car.

Why am I selling after only two months: I am replacing it with a Porsche 911 Targa that I have been seeking for some time, and now it is for sale. i just do not have garage space for any more cars, so one has to go. Also, I have another black ZX-5 just like this one, and it has been my daily driver, . . . so I will keep it.

Price is $7900 firm.

I collect these cars, and in seven years, I've only found five of these that I was willing to purchase--always stock, non-smoker, no mods. Now one of them is for sale. When you add the value of the tires and the recent service, which together totals over $3000, the price for the base car in near perfect condition is $4900. I am preparing to sell another, much more expensive car, and it that car sells first, I might withdraw this sale.

Of all five of my 04's, this car has the most extensive paperwork and history, and it is one of only two with the original window sticker.

I will post photos as soon as I learn how to do so.

And: Car is located in Stanley, VA, 22851. Nearest "large town" is Luray, VA, and I-81 is about 30 minutes from my house.

Thank you.

Here are attempts at photos. The links should take you to a photo host.

https://imageshack.com/a/YMWz/1
[/url]https://imageshack.com/i/ip98jpOaj https://imageshack.com/i/ip98jpOaj

·
Registered
0 Posts
At what mileage was the service performed? Did you mean water pump itself when you mentioned the valve? How does the clutch feel? I'm assuming it has original shocks? How are the front pads looking? Thanks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
wow. beautiful car. I wish I could afford it. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All performed two months ago at current mileage. Yes, replaced the water pump, and the housing is know to leak on these cars. Clutch feels great. Shocks are original. Front pads are good. Also, replaced the valve cover gasket during the service work, which I forgot to mention in description. I took the car to my dealer and said keep it for a week and check everything. The list of service and repairs is what resulted. Work performed at Ford Dealership, and service manager is former owner of SVT Foci. Plus, I have 5 of these cars and the dealership and I are getting to know about everything that can go wrong. From experience, I have only replaced one clutch, and it went at 50k miles. Otherwise the leaking water pump and the wiper relay are regular problems. I changed the timing belt as a precaution and with plans to drive the car a lot. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
gorgeous car, but certainly going to take the right buyer to purchase for that price.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Awesome car. GLWS!!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right buyer, yes. I've owned over 150 cars, none of them ordinary, except maybe the family haulers for the kids and family, and I can say:

a. You get what you pay for. Exceptions are rare.

b. If you can find a matching model to the one I am selling in the next 12 months, at the same price or less, and in 75% of the same condition, I'll give you a $500 finder's fee. Gladly. You can start looking now. But I don't think the $500 will ever leave my hands.

c. Beware of making judgements about price. What is expensive to one person can be a bargain to another, especially when dealing with rare items, whether it's cars, horses, or houses.

d. Let me know how many of these cars you know of with all original paperwork and service history, even tire rotations, going back to day one. Plus, toss in a window sticker and I'll really be impressed. Just making a point, . . . all of this plus 3k$ in tires and recent service does not add up to a average, "I wonder where's it's been" car.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I wasn't insulting your price, just saying the average person looking for an SVT Focus probably wouldn't want to pay that much for a ten year old car. Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable paying more than 6500 for any SVTF, but that's just me.

With that being said, you have an immaculate car that I wish I could have! GLWS

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've been shopping around for a few months now with budget of $4500 and am having a hard time finding a legit comp Orange svt that isn't beat down with banged up body and mechanical issues.. still on the prowl my 02 zts mach edition isn't cutting it for me anymore

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't expect to get 50% of the quality that I am selling, nor around 100k miles, if your budget is $6500. You will see. You will not get an ZX5 EAP. These are great cars, and I am replacing the one I am selling with a Porsche 911, mainly because it's a loaded, rare Targa model and I know the owner. I just need garage space, so this SVT is for sale. And I will drive the SVT's more than the 911. I've owned 911's.

My detail guy is going over this SVT this week. When done, it will look like showroom condition in engine, trunk, and interior. Just amazing. The interior is as-new. I own five of these same cars: orange, yellow, red, and black (2). I am selling this car because I have two in black, and if I had only one, it would not be sold. If anyone can find me the same car in red, blue, yellow, or silver, . . . and similar condition, i'll pay $11K, no questions asked. But it won't happen. At dealers, in beat-up condition and with unknown history, an '04 SVT ZX5 with EAP lists for $7-9.5k. I know, because I've been aware of about every one of these cars that have been for sale by dealer for past 5 years, via many, many alerts.

These are RARE cars. Again, 408 SVT ZX5's with EAP produced. If I don't sell the car, it's OK. I'll build another garage. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I would keep this guy as a friend. Js ;)) I own 4 svtf now last week owned 5. None near the quality he has buy yes you can get an svtf 500$ - 15,000$. And all have a buyer looking for that exact car. Glws, on a side note the only eap I own I'm turning into a lemons race car due to 4,300 worth of damage done by the previous owner. Oh and I got the car complete for 1,200$. Also on a crazy side note, build me a garage please. :))-

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for offers, but price is $7900. And I'm not worried about not selling. I love the car, and I've already instructed my carpenter to build another garage. And, I ask, what other car is out there for $7900 with this condition, recent service for all needs, notebook of history, SVT-equal engineering, and one of 408 made?

Golf GTI? Not at this price in this condition. Ditto for Mazda3 Speed. Thanks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
How about a showroom post with all five! That would be awesome to see all of them. There are not many SVTs unmolested - I found one a year ago and paid top dollar and don't regret it. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good idea about the group photo. I have orange, red, yellow, and two blacks. All mint or near mint. It's taken six years to get those five cars. Been looking for a Sonic Blue ZX5 EAP for all those years. I have never seen one. Your blue ZX3 looks great.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Did you buy your red one in Michigan last year? I was second in line and missed out. There was a sonic 5 door EAP with 40000 all records at a dealer in mich, but dealer would not go below 10k. This was the nicest EAP I ever saw and hard to believe someone traded it to a dealer!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, I bought the red one in Michigan. Original owner, Ford engineer. No mods. Great condition. Always garaged. Didn't blink at sales price around $8300-8500, as I recall. And it sold fast. It will need a new timing belt.

About the Sonic blue 5 door EAP, I would have paid $10k in a New York second. Wish I knew where it was now. Anyone out there with a Sonic Biue 5 door EAP, let me know.

I passed on a Silver 5 door EAP with 32k miles at local VA dealership last year. Price was $12.5k. It sold. For those of you reading this thread, and as many of you know, these cars are hard to find in VG or better condition. There are several 04 SVT's, non EAP's at dealers now, all north of $8k. Condition is suspect. Thanks.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I don't plan on selling… but in those with infinite wisdom in all things SVT/EAP… My SVT, with 70k, and soon to have aPWSC… What would that be worth? I too detail my own cars, and keep them in "SHOWROOM" condition, including the engine bay and undercarriage. I assumed I could NEVER get even 8k for it if I tried to sell it tomorrow… am I wrong??

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I don't plan on selling… but in those with infinite wisdom in all things SVT/EAP… My SVT, with 70k, and soon to have aPWSC… What would that be worth? I too detail my own cars, and keep them in "SHOWROOM" condition, including the engine bay and undercarriage. I assumed I could NEVER get even 8k for it if I tried to sell it tomorrow… am I wrong??
Honestly in today's market I wouldn't expect any more than 7k. The nicest comp orange I've seen around here with 80k miles went for 6500. Your sc will add a bit

1 - 20 of 34 Posts