Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cut this from my FB feed - hoping to sell to another enthusiast

The time has come. After 10 years of ownership, I am selling my 2003 SVT Focus. Not leaving the Focus community as I bought a '14 ST last week :) [race]

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 SVT #2125
6 Speed
123,xxx miles (I will put a few miles on it weekly until it sells)
Audiophile Package (6 disc changer, subwoofer)
Red/Black Interior
Moonroof
Timing belt changed with Ford parts at 107k
AES High output alternator
Oil changed every 5k w/fully synthetic
Transmission fluid changed every 50k with Ford Manual Transmission Fluid
Fog lights have been replaced and have protectice Laminx film (yellow) on them
Various other bits have been replaced as necessary
Currently has Bridgestone Potenza RE760s with good tread

As it sits, this car skirts the edge of daily driver/track toy. The current modifications are :

Euro Grill
H&R Coilovers
CFM Tubular Control Arms (adjustable)
Massive Upper Rear Control Arms (adjustable)
Moog endlinks (front and rear)
Massive Dogbone
VF Engineering Passenger motor mount
Steeda STS
FSWerks Stress bars (front/rear)
K&N Panel Filter
OZ Ultraleggera 17x7 ET42 Wheels
Ported stock throttle body
Centric High Carbon Rotors with Powerstop pads
Toms Tune

Issues :
Paint has some nicks and dings, this car has been in some unfriendly places (29 Palms...)
The 6 disc changer is on its last legs. Most people replace this first thing, but I'm not a stereo guy and I liked the stock stereo setup.
Interior trim piece on passenger b-pillar needs replacement (have part, haven't found the hardware for it yet)
IMRC has recently started acting up (replacement in hand, just needs to be put on)
Front wheel bearings need to be replaced (already have bearings pressed into another set of hubs, just needs to go on the car)
Drivers carpet has a hole in it like every other SVT...

I could nitpick all day - this car is reliable and has served me well. If I cannot find a buyer as the car sits, I will be returning it to as stock as possible and selling the bits I pull off.

FAQ :
Yes, this car has been raced (Autocross).
This car takes premium.
Typical milage is 24 in town and 27-30 highway depending on how heavy your right foot is.
I did the timing belt and the Gates tensioner failed and took the exhaust valves with it. The head was rebuilt by City Motor Supply with stock parts and I retimed the car with a mechanic and have had no issues since.
Still has stock clutch. Ford replaced the entire transmission at 17k miles and its still going strong. No grinding issues.
I do not have the window sticker or SVT Certificate. I bought the car with 9k miles on it, original owner didn't leave anything with it. I think the OO smoked as well, but since I have owned the car, it has not been smoked in.
I'm sure more will come to me later.

Asking a firm $4700. PM or comment if you have questions.
Car is located in Allen, Texas.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mabvu453u00z7r7/AABtslB4PXtGuP18F8bsdypsa?dl=0

1 - 1 of 1 Posts